Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Tuesday and Perhaps More Rain

I slept pretty well again last night. I woke up once and went to the bathroom and got right back to sleep. I got up at my usual 5:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee.

I had an e-mail from Dean this morning. He said he would eat anything I chose and Sam's would be fine. Or I told him when I wrote  back that we could go to Bartlesville and eat at Murphy's Steak House. We may make that decision after he gets here on Sunday. I may not go to church on Sunday since I don't know when he will get here.  I sure don't want him to find I am not at home. I can always watch "Beyond The Walls". 

I guess I will go in and turn on the TV and see what they are forecasting for the week. Then I will check on the cats. 

So, more later.. 

Only two of the  yellow cats were there..Scruff and Blondie. I haven't seen Inky in a couple of weeks and haven't seen Scruffie, the grey mother cat, in weeks. I am assuming she is gone for good. Scruff is her kitten from her last litter (the one where her grey sibling was run over by a car out in front of the duplex) and Blondie is hers from her first litter. Inky was hers from the same litter as Blondie. Blondie is a male and Scruff is female.

Scruff is gone now but Blondie is still out there. He likes to lay on my doormat.

It's 64 degrees right now and cloudy. We have a 20 percent chance of rain today. The same forecast for tomorrow. Next Sunday and Monday are also forecast for rain. 

I see the neighbor's yellow cat is out there now. He is the father of Blondie and Scruff. He was going to eat from Blondie's bowl but Blondie was going to defend his bowl from his father. So he gave up and went away. I see Scruff is back. Blondie doesn't feel threatened by Scruff. He lets her eat from his bowl.  

More later.... 

I had a scam e-mail today. Some foreign sounded guy told me I would get my Norton automatically renewed for $349.99. There was an 800 number and I called it and told him I didn't have Norton on any of my computers and I would not pay for it. He wanted to know some personal stuff and I told him I would not give him any personal information and I hung up.

Then I called the bank and told them about it and told them I didn't think he had my account number or even the name of my bank but she said they would put a "watch" on my account anyhow.

I went out to Eggbert's for lunch. I had their chicken salad  with fruit and a muffin. I have that about once a week.

I went to the market and bought a few things including strawberries and whipped cream. I will take that to Bunco tomorrow as my treat at the senior center. That should go over well. 

When I don't have game day or Bunco on Wednesdays, I wait until I get back to Caney and get the kid's Wacky Pack at Sonic. That's two good sized chicken strips, tater tots and a small coke for $1.99... $2.18 including tax. You can't beat that for a lunch. 

I also have my regular hair appointment at 9:30AM tomorrow. I will have to go by the bank tomorrow too so I will have cash to pay for my hair. And I will get something to drink at Sonic to take with me to Bunco. I won't need lunch because there will be lots of treats. I will take my Kindle to read while I wait for 1:00PM. That's when Bunco starts. It's usually over by 3:00PM or 3:30PM.

I see on the news that B.J. Thomas died. When I was young, I used to enjoy his music. 

 May be an image of African daisy and outdoors

So far today, the sun has shined. No rain yet. I think there was only a 20% chance of it today. I set the solar kitty out on the flowerbed when I got home from the market. It will glow this evening. 

I weeded that flowerbed too. I'd like to get John to build me another one out by my mailbox. I would like to put landscaping timbers around it and put some of John's pasture dirt and Miracle Grow and more flowers in that. That would be pretty in front. It would get lots of sunshine there. The one in the back is doing well. The guttering out there in back has leaks and it tends to let too much water pour onto some of the flowers in that flowerbed. The new lilies in that bed are trying to bloom too. If I had a large ladder I would put some caulking in it to stop the leak. The down drain pipe of the guttering in the front leaks too but I think Steve just put some duct tape on it sometime.  It looks pretty makeshift. If this apartment was mine I would have new neat guttering put on it. But the duplex is for sale and if it sells I will ask the new owner to replace them. They are in bad shape.

I saw a hummingbird on my new hummingbird feeder this morning. I changed the feed in it yesterday and just put sugar water in it. I did mix up some of the hummingbird feed Ginger sent me with it for the next time I change it and put it in the frig until I change it out again..

It's 3:37PM now and I guess I will go read.

It's 4:30PM now and my Kindle needs charging again. It doesn't hold a charge very well anymore.

I watched the episode of "Bull" that I had recorded last evening at 9:00PM (after I went on to bed).

I had a banana for my supper and then afterward I decided to mow the front yard. I got that finished in about 20 Minutes. It was almost completely dry. I would like to do the back but I don't know whether I can get it done this evening.  I drank a bottle of water and am resting up so we will see if I recuperate.

May be an image of tree and grass

Suzanne is going to show the duplex tomorrow at 3:00PM. I want it to look nice and neat for her. I will be gone until 4:00PM or 4:30PM. I have my hair appointment in the morning and Bunco in the afternoon. She should have plenty of time to show it. If I see her vehicle is still here when I get home, I will go out to Sonic and have a drink and kill some time.

I sure would like to get that back yard mowed this evening. We will see. It actually it doesn't look as bad as the front did. It's just 7:00PM right now and I believe I can get it done.

It's 7:21PM and I did get it done. I am so  glad. The west side can wait.

 May be an image of grass

I will take my bath now and get my pjs on. I will plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts. I will have a big day tomorrow. 

Today turned into a bigger day then I thought. 

John just texted me! He is going to build that flowerbed for the mailbox area for me. I am so tickled about that. He said he would start working on it this week.  I will put some colorful flowers in there and it will really help the front yard look colorful! He built the one in the back yard when I moved into the fourplex in Coffeyville and then when they moved me here to Caney, he picked it up bodily and brought it to Caney with them in his pickup and he set it up out in the back yard under my big window in the den. I have managed to keep flowers growing in it all the time I have lived here. You can't ask for a better son-in-law then that. He has done several great things for me since I have been here. 

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

It seems like it rained here for two nights and a day, but all we have in the rain gauge is 2/10 inch of rain.

Margie's Musings said...

That's really strange, Donna. We have only had light rain here lately. It's just enough to get the sidewalk wet.

Galla Creek said...

Raining here. I am trying not to complain with my lips or mind. It’s difficult.

Margie's Musings said...

We have light rain again...so far!