Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sunday and a Cookout

I slept well last night but I woke up at 2:00AM to realize this was not the Sunday Dean was talking about coming, It is next Sunday. I jotted off a mid night e-mail telling him how confused I had been and uninviting him to John and Leslie's cookout after church since he would miss it anyhow. It is this Sunday after church.

Wow!

I did have Tricia and Everett here yesterday and in order to visit with them, Leslie even came by. He took Tricia and me to a supper at Copan Cafe, an extremely popular truck stop six miles south of here. Leslie had to get back to her class reunion meeting.

I will not be making up my coffeecake this morning because everyone needs to be ready and hungry for the cookout at John and Leslie's after church. I only hope it doesn't rain. Which reminds me, I better go check out the weather...and the cats.

More later....

Hopefully the weather on the 8's will be on in a minute for two. That's the local weather. 

Scruff was the only cat that came for breakfast and she ate fast and has left now. I'd better get that cat food in now.  

Sure enough, I just got the food in and Blondie showed up for his breakfast...so I went out and got the double bowl and took it out to him.

The local weather finally came on and we are forecast for rain Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week and even today look fine.

Blondie ate fast and is now gone now too. I will get that food in again.

More even later....

About 9:30AM, I left for church. I got there abput10:00AM intending to sweep the walks and clean up any bugs. The little girls were doing that so I didn't need to do it. I put my potato salad in the church's frig and just sat in a chair and watched Leslie do her decorations. I took in my groceries and put them under the money tree where she indicated they went. 

Her service was very good and included not only the theme but also recognition of the graduated seniors.

After the service we went out to John and Leslie's for the cookout. As usual, the house and yard looked lovely and both John and Leslie worked very hard to help everyone have a good time. John's hamburgers were very good. Leslie's ice cream was exceptionable. They were both very hospitable and I am sure everyone had a good time. I cleaned up the kitchen and left them the potato salad. 

John showed some of the girls, Karan and Phyllis, his artwork. 

I left about 3:15PM and was glad to get home. For some reason I was very tired.  

It's 4:41PM now. 

I read until 60 Minutes came on and then just before 7:00PM, I took my bath and read until 9:00PM, when I went on to bed. I was very tired. It had been a big day.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

A great celebration. Glad you got to enjoy this fellowship.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three!