Thursday, June 3, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up before 5:00AM. I have made my bed, dressed and had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.  

I have another mystery  this morning. I had an e-mail from Atmos Energy that my bill, which was due on the second had not been paid. I checked my paid bills on my online bank account and that showed it was paid on the first of June. It was due on the second. So I checked my online bank statement and that statement was for June. It started with June 2nd..weird, I just checked it yesterday when I balanced my checkbook and it should show June's purchases thus far..and there have been several because I usually use my debit card. I will check it again before I call the bank this morning.. 

I heard from John at bedtime last night and he had finished the flowerbed for the front of my house. He sent me a photo of it. He may be bringing it today. If so, I will go buy some more flowers for it after I clean the apartment this morning. He is fast when he decides to do something. He also will be trimming my front yard trees next. He's sure handy!

I turned on the weather and checked on the cats. There was only Blondie and Scruff there. Little Scruff is simply vicious. She is small but she scratched a chunk of hair off Blondie when she attacked him and there was food enough for both of them. She seems to intimidate him and he's much bigger. He gives her and her bad temper a wide birth. They are eating now..and again...no Inky. I miss both him and grey Scruffie.   

I have the apartment vacuumed and mopped..all except the dining room rug. I have the chairs out of there but the CBS news has started and I will watch some of it until their commercials come on. Then I will vacuum that rug and empty the vacuum and clean it up. There's always a large wad of dirt when I empty it. I can't imagine where that comes from since I put my slippers on when I come into the apartment.

And I don't have that much company to bring dirt in. If I could find a company that used the dry cleaning, I would hire them to clean this carpet. I just don't want water on the carpet. 

More later....

I have the apartment  cleaned again. I will dust tomorrow. I am very tired now.

It's 10:22AM now. I just went to the post office to mail a letter and then to the market to buy milk.  It's another beautiful day. I guess I will do some trimming while I have the time.

I got the trimming finished and it looks better. I also swept off the grass so it would look better.  Krystal's daughter will be here at 2:00PM to mow the west side. I had better check the gas and see if I need to add more for her. 

I just had my last chicken pot pie for my lunch. I fixed some fruit punch in my new pitcher for something to drink.

More later.. 

Krystal's daughter came about 2:00PM and mowed the west side of my yard for me. She also was able to put the clippings in the trash container for me. When those black yard bags are full, I cannot lift them. Luckily, she can.  The yard is neat for another week now. It's 2:50PM. 

I just tried to call Nancy and she did not answer as usual. That's the second time this week I have tried to call her and she has not answered her phone.

More later... 

I am really tired today. I cleaned the apartment and for some reason I am really tired. Of course I got down on the floor and did some extra cleaning around the floor boards. For some reason that really wore me out. I also trimmed the yard. I don't know why I am so tired though. For one thing, my back hurts and when your back hurts, everything hurts. Before I go to bed I will take a couple of Aleve tablets.

I have had my banana for supper. And I will drink some water too. Or make myself a cup of sleepy time tea. It's only 7:00PM though and I have a couple of hours before I go to bed. I tried to raise the window on the west side of the living room but It wouldn't budge. Suzanne and Steve want to replace the screen on that window.It's full of holes. They have gone camping though so it will be several days before they get back and Steve will deal with it then.

I plan to go to bed about 9:00PM. I am very tired.

No comments: