Friday, August 6, 2021

Friday and Trimming and Dusting

I slept very well last night just as I figured I would. I had worked so hard yesterday. I was only up once in the night. And I was up at 5:00AM as usual this morning. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have just finished my breakfast and am having my coffee now.

I will dust the apartment this morning and later trim the yard. I hope the trimmer will work alright. I tried to put a new string cartridge in it last week and got it in but I don't think it's quite right. There's something I did not get right. It worked but seemed to use a lot of string. I need to contact Works and get some more string too. I think I only have two spools left.

I don't think it rained last night and I will need to water the plants and flowers if it didn't. I slept so hard I am not sure.

It's 6:18AM now and I will go watch the " weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. I will get back to this later.

I see we are forecast rain for Sunday and Thursday this week. Nothing today in the forecast.

I guess I will go water the plants. Later this afternoon one of the girls will come mow the west side of my yard for me. I need to get some change for her.

I was going to water earlier but the hummingbirds were out back and Scruff was eating out front. I believe Scruff is gone now and I am not sure about the hummingbirds now. Nope! They are still out there. I will begin with the front I guess.

I got all the flowerbeds watered except the large one in the back. I had good shoes on and didn't want to get them wet in the wet grass. I will put on some old shoes and water it later when I trim. The flowers look pretty good. In the mean time, I will start in the house with the dusting. So more later.

I got the apartment dusted and was about to go water that large back flowerbed and when I looked out there the hummingbirds were back. So I will wait until they are finished. 

O.K. they were finished and were gone so I got that larger flowerbed watered.  I will wait awhile until the dew is gone before I begin trimming. I am leaving my old crummy shoes out by the back yard.  I will trim in them later.

It's 9:35AM and I will trim in a little bit.I want to grass to dry up a bit first. I went out to Dollar General to get a couple of items I couldn't get at the market. I also needed to get $10.00 cash to give to the mower this evening. All I had was a $20. bill and a couple of ones.

I got the entire yard trimmed and swept off. The trimmer worked just fine so I must have done something right even if it wasn't completely right. I am really tired and having some water now. It is 10:20AM and I am going to rest for awhile. 

I have been working on another puzzle for a couple of hours and standing all the while. So I am tired. In fact, I forgot to eat lunch and it is 3:15PM now. A person can get wrapped up in those things and lose track of time.I guess I had better eat something. I have some frozen mini pizzas and I may put one of those in the microwave.  I could just have a banana I guess. It's pretty late in the day for a pizza.

More later... At 7:00PM I texted Krystal to see if her daughter was still planning on mowing for me this evening and getting the west side done. I didn't hear a thing from her and so I texted her again and still heard nothing. I had the mower all ready for her and gassed up and everything but they didn't come and she didn't answer me either. So I just bit the bullet and mowed it myself. It was 88 degrees out there so it could have been worse.

Phyllis just called me and asked me to send her the material on the next  tour that Sherry Epp is planning for September 30th. I had already mailed in my registration. It is a mystery tour but I am sure it will be neat. Her tours always are. Phyllis changed her e-mail address when she bought a new computer so she did not get Sherry's e-mail. She wanted me to send her the information because she wants to go. I am sending her the information she will need in tomorrow's mail.

Now it's 8:21PM  and past my bath time so I will end this and go take my bath. I am sure I really need it now.

No comments: