Monday, August 2, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept pretty well last night and was up only once and then was able to get right back to sleep. I changed my bedding this morning and am doing laundry. It's mostly just bedding, underwear and towels. It's in the dryer now. I have fed Scruff. Blondie didn't come for breakfast...at least not yet. I was going to water the back flowerbed and hanging basket but the hummingbirds are still out there and I don't want to disturb them.

The dryer has stopped so I will go fold out the laundry and get back to this later. 

I got the laundry all folded and put away. That's it for another week.

Sometime this morning Steve and Suzanne will come to change out this light bulb here in the den. I brought the step stool in yesterday and was going to try to take care of it myself but realized if I got dizzy and fell I could be badly hurt. So I decided to be wise and just wait for Steve to do it. I am typing by the light of the window this morning. 

I will go watch the news when the channel 6 news is over and the the CBS news is on. I am not interested in Tulsa's news. Every day there is some kind of shooting there. And their governor is stupid.  He refuses to mandate vaccinations. That's what needs to be done to get this virus stopped. It will continue to spread as long as people are so stupid as to refuse vaccinations. 

This pandemic is nothing to play with. It is serious business. There's a time when the health and well being and possible deaths of others overrides our personal choice. This is not the chicken pox and it's nothing to not deal with seriously. I know Biden is hesitant to mandate it himself because the stupid people out there out number those who take it seriously and he would be a one term president. At least he is taking it seriously and doesn't try to say he has it under control like the previous president did.

Nancy's caregiver  called this morning to check if Nancy and I were planning to go to lunch. It wasn't lunch we were going to do. It was a stop at the bank to get her pin number and a stop at Patty's office to get a record of her vaccination in case she needs it for her flight on Thursday. I told the caregiver that and asked her to take Nancy for those stops. I am waiting to see if Steve and Suzanne are coming this morning or this afternoon to put a new light bulb in my den fixture.

I was going to water the hanging plant out back but about four hummingbirds are fighting over the hummingbird feeder. I didn't want to run them off and they wouldn't tolerate my presence. So I will do it later...

More later... 

Steve came this noon and put a new couple of bulbs in my den light fixture. After he left I had one of my frozen meals for lunch. I read until the battery needed to be charged again on the Kindle.

Then I called Nancy...with no answer...and went over there and rang the doorbell. She answered the door immediately. She wanted me to come in so I did and stayed a couple of hours. The last 45 minutes I was there Dale and Gina came in and went over everything with her again. I left as soon as I could get away. Nancy had given me written authorization to pick up her vaccination card fax at the Montgomery County Health Department in Coffeyville.  I stopped at Assention St. John's Clinic there in Caney and used it to pick up the fax of her card. On Wednesday I will use it to pick up a copy of the card itself at the Montgomery County Health Department...just in case she will need it for the plane on Thursday. 

It is 5:17PM now and I will go watch the CBS evening news at 5:30PM. I will also eat my banana. At 7:00PM I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 

No comments: