Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Tuesday and Concern About a Friend

 I slept fairly well last night and only got up once in the night but was restless worrying about Nancy. I am concerned that she probably will need proof of her vaccinations to get on the plane on Thursday. Her cousin's wife went to North Carolina while the pandemic seemed to be abetting and didn't need proof of her vaccinations to get on a plane but the new Delta variant is so much a problem right now that even already vaccinated people are getting it. Dale, her cousin,and his wife don' think it is necessary for her to have her card showing she has been fully vaccinated. I had the health department fax a copy of that card to the Caney Clinic yesterday for her record there but I will pick up the actual card for her tomorrow while I am in Coffeyville at the senior center. But how to get it in her possession without their thinking I am interfering is another concern. Let's face it, I am interfering. Dale told me that she was all ready to go to see David earlier and backed out of going and lost the price of the ticket. Since then, David has told her he really wants to see her and wants her to come. He is now in a rehab hospital and getting physical therapy.

Yesterday afternoon while I was there visiting her, they came in and started taking over for her.  Gina, Dale's wife, unpacked her bag and repacked it the way she wanted it done. They brought a smaller purse with a long strap for her to take with her. Gina will fill it with what she thinks Nancy she needs. Gina is very bossy and treats Nancy like a child...often talking to her about her dementia. She shows no respect for her at all. It irritates Nancy terribly but she won't stand up to her. She intimidates Nancy and bosses her own husband around too. He doesn't seem to mind. His first wife was the same personality and bossed him around too. She died some years back.

Anyhow, that is my concern. While I am in Coffeyville tomorrow at the senior center for Bunco I will go next door and get the card showing she has been vaccinated and take it over to her house to her when I get home. I only hope they are not there then. It would be so much better if Dale would just go with her but he has arranged to be roofing their house all next week. With her memory problems and confusion, I don't know if she will remember that she has that card in her purse.

It is nearly 6:00AM now and I have finished my breakfast so I will go turn on the "weather on the 8's".

I have fed both cats...Blondie and Scruff. Then I started reading one of the three new free books I downloaded from Amazon this morning. It's 8:13AM now and I want to catch the CBS morning news. It starts at 8:30AM.

So, more later...

I watched the CBS morning news and even got all the plants watered and put away the trash barrel during the commercials. The hummingbirds finally got their fill for awhile. It's nearly 10:00AM now.I believe I will go out to Eggbert's for lunch at noon and have my usual chicken salad,fruit and muffin.

And that's what I did for lunch...I have lost 4 pounds since I started eating this way. It seems to work. If I have a dessert, I have it before 10:00AM. That way I can work it off before evening. Then for supper, I just have a banana. That is full of potassium and all elderly people need lots of potassium. So I have my main meal in the middle of the day.

I need to go up to the Caney market and see if they have anything I can take to Bunco tomorrow for my treat. I think that's all I need in groceries at this time. 

I downloaded three more free murder mystery books to my Kindle and will begin reading them this evening. I printed off more index cards too..updated.

It's 4:08PM and I need to go to the market to get my treat for tomorrow at the senior center. Then I will get back to this.

 
I did get a treat at the market and two frozen Healthy Choice meals too.

I watched the CBS evening news and then went back to my new books before bedtime. It is 6:50PM now. I did take the time just now to take my bath. I have noticed I was having to wear readers to read anymore. Then I realized I had worn the same left contact for several months so I put a new one in. That made a lot of difference. I still have three left before I will have to get the optometrist Dobbins to order some new ones.

I will read until time to go to bed...around 9:00PM


4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You are so kind to help your friend like you do. She is lucky to have a friend like you, especially with her family situation.

Donna. W said...

It doesn't sound to me like she should even be flying alone!

Margie's Musings said...

Donna, I agree. But that cousin is her only other relative. Her son, David, is the reason she is going to Charlotte, North Carolina. He is her only child and he had been sick since March. He had a bacterial infection and they weren't sure he would make it. He was in a coma for weeks and finally came out of it. Then they discovered he has lung cancer. They are treating it with radiation. He has asthma and also Parkinson's Disease.

Margie's Musings said...

Susie, I worked with Nancy at a high end furniture store when I moved to Caney with my family in 1969. She sold furniture and I managed the gift shop. I only worked there a year before one of the dentists wanted me to come work at the dental clinic. But Nancy and I became good friends even then. Her parents owned the store.