Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am now having my breakfast and coffee.

I charged my Kindle again last night. I read so much it runs the battery down every couple of days.

Nancy leaves this morning at 11:00AM for North Carolina if American doesn't cancel her flight. I saw on TV last evening that American and another airline I wasn't familiar with are canceling over a 100 flights today. Her cousin, is to pick her up at 9:39AM this morning to take her to the airport.  It would be just her luck for her flight to be cancelled. David will be heartsick if that happens. He is in physical therapy now at a hospital that does just physical therapy. Dale, her cousin, said she was supposed to have flown out earlier last month and backed out. I wasn't aware of that until he told me. Of course she lost the cost of the ticket. But Nancy is wealthy so she never missed the money, only the chance to see David.  They are going to do radiation treatment for his lung cancer. I hope he can live because Nancy will be devastated if he should die of it. He is her only child and she does not want to outlive him

I will clean the apartment this morning after I watch the "weather on the 8's" and perhaps feed the cats..if they come for breakfast. I will also need to water the plants. I hope one watering a day is enough to keep them thriving. I was afraid I was drowning them with two.  And I clean during commercials. I hate commercials. They are usually so dumb and repetitious. And there are way too many at a time. They lose their effectiveness when they put so many in a single time slot. 

It's a little after 6:00AM now and I had better go check the weather forecast.I see we are to have rain today so there's a good chance if that happens, the yard will not get mowed. Also I will not have to water the plants.

I got all the bare floors  mopped and I am now ready to start vacuuming the apartment.

I have everything but the dining room vacuumed now. I am resting for awhile before finishing. I see the hummingbirds are back quarreling over the fresh sugar water in the feeder. It may be awhile before I can check that plant.  I may wait to see if the rain happens before I do any watering.

Both cats came this morning but only Scruff ate. The owners of Blondie must be feeding him..or he is eating birds...who knows. Scruff ate and when she was finished, I took the food and put it in the garage.

In the meantime, I will finish the vacuuming. I am interested in how much dirt it picks up now that Liebert Brothers has gone through it.

I got plenty of dirt in the sweeper this time. I don't know what the difference was. But it appears to be working fine now. I am finished and washed up the sweeper and the filters. They have to dry overnight before I put them back in. 

By noon, the rain still hadn't begun and I was afraid the plants would get too dry before the rain came. So I filled the pitcher and watered them.

I read until almost noon and then I went to the market and bought juice, water and a meal from their deli. They had meatloaf, corn, okra and a biscuit. The meal was $5.99..a bargain in my opinion. I couldn't have had a meal like that for $5.99 in a restaurant....that's for sure.....

I see the hummingbirds are still hitting the hummingbird feeder out there for that sugar water... still no rain.

Still no rain and I am trying to mow it myself. Krystal says they have some family  problems and will have to do it tomorrow. We are forecast for rain later this afternoon and evening. I am getting it mowed myself. I have the front nearly finished and am taking a water break now. I will finish the front and try to get the back too. The side can wait until tomorrow unless I can get a second breath.It's only 84 degrees. As long as it's not in the 90s I can do it.

More later...I'd better get back out there.  

O.K. I got the front finished and am taking another water break. In a little while I will do the back. It's 4:55PM now. Maybe I can get the back finished before the news comes on. I will record it and watch it later. 

May be an image of grass 

This my front yard after I mowed it this evening and that is the flowerbed John, my son in law, made for me for the front yard earlier this year.  It is really blooming!

More later... 

I have a part of the back finished and am taking another water break. In a few minutes, I will finish the back. I won't trim this time. I trimmed the last time it was mowed last Thursday. It's 5:15PM now. 

O.K. I got the back mowed too. It's 5:35PM.  Not too bad but I am tired. I drank a lot of water. Krystal's girl will do the west side tomorrow if it doesn't rain. That will cost me $10.00 but I saved $15.00 by doing the rest myself.

 May be an image of grass 

This shows the back yard I mowed this afternoon and the flowerbed John made for me several years ago and moved here to Caney when I moved here. You can also see the hummingbird feeder Ginger, Scott's wife, sent me on Mother's Day this year. The solar Cardinal Leslie gave me is barely visible in this photo but it is really pretty at night and glows very bright in the dark.

It's 6:30PM now and I will read until 7:00PM and then take my bath. I imagine I will really need it tonight. Not only did I clean the apartment today but I also mowed the front and back yards.I imagine I am pretty pungent.!!  

I see two or three hummingbirds out there fighting over the sugar water in the hummingbird feeder. 

I just had my bath and did it feel good! It really cooled me down and freshened me up.

I will read now and I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You should be proud of this fete. Mowing all that at your age is commendable. Glad you drank lots of water.