Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sunday and A Light Bulb Problem

I slept well last night and only woke up twice. I think it rained last night but I won't be sure until daylight and it's only 5:45AM now. I  turned on the switch for the den light this morning but it appears the light bulb is burned out....or the fixture is out itself. When I first moved in here, Steve had to put a new bulb in this fixture and found half the fixture was out. So he only put in one bulb. Now that one is out again. I brought my floor lamp into the hall to give me some light until daylight, I also got the desktop computer fired up. It gives some light to this laptop too. I am sitting here in the semi dark eating my breakfast.

I guess until daylight I will go watch the weather channel. 

It's 7:09AM now and I am blogging again with natural light.  I see the hummingbirds are fighting over the sugar water in the hummingbird feeder. I won't have  to water this morning because it rained last night and is forecast for today. I will have to go out to Dollar General and buy a light bulb for this fixture. I hope it's only the bulb and not the fixture. 

I only fed Scruff this morning. Blondie was here but he evidently ate at home. He actually lives across the street on State street.

More later..after it's lighter in here. 

I put away the lamp after it got lighter outside and therefore in the den.  

Then I went out to Dollar General to get a light bulb, breakfast bars and water. They didn't have the swirley type LEDS that Suzanne and Steve want me to use...so I went back up to Independence to get those things. I learned there that they are no longer making the swirley type LED light bulbs because they said they only last a year or two. Now the new LEDS look very much like the old light bulbs. So  I bought a box of them, my breakfast bars and water and even some breakfast brew coffee. I will have to get Steve to put the light bulb in for me since even with my step stool,I can't reach the light fixture. 

I got back in time to put away my purchases and log onto the desktop computer to watch "Beyond the Walls" out of Ontario Canada. I have nearly an 8 minute wait.

I took the solar kitty back outside to capture some rays of sun. I see the hummingbirds are still fighting over the hummingbird feeder. 

It's  time for the service and it is on the computer.

That was a very good service and was also a communion service.

It is 12:15PM now and I will go fix myself some lunch and get back to this later. 

I had one of my Schwan's frozen meals for lunch.Then I read most of the afternoon. At about 3:30PM, I called Nancy but got no answer. Finally after trying again, I just got in the car and went over there. I called from the car but again, no answer. Then I went and rang the doorbell and she came right to the door. I stayed until 5:30PM. While I was there I attempted to call American Airlines to see if Nancy could use her expired driver's license for ID. It won't be a year expired until November so it should work. She may need a Covid 19 card showing she is fully vaccinated to get on the plane too. Her caregiver got the information off the internet about the ID. I was on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up and hung up.

Then I came home to watch the news and log on to Zoom to join the worship service out of Springfield, Missouri.  

I will record 60 Minutes and watch it later.

I plan to take my bath after that and go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I wish we had hummingbirds in Hawaii.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder why Suzanne and Steve had such a preference for the swirly type bulbs. I quit using them quite a while ago. I used to have them in my living room lamps. One of the lamps is on the lamp table next to my chair, and those kind of bulbs used to put out chemical/electrical fumes for a few days whenever they were getting ready to burn out (at least the brand I was using did, but I don't remember anymore now what brand they were). The first time it happened I just let it go, the second bulb that did that, I removed from the lamp as soon as the fumes started, and took all of the rest of that type of bulb out of any other lamps we had them in. My husband at first thought I was just exaggerating the odor, but I got the one that was releasing fumes and had him smell it (he hates it when I say something stinks, and then say "here you smell it and see if you think it stinks"). He could smell the weird odor on it too. I have asthma and fumes like that really affect me.

I haven't had any problem like that so far with the regular bulb shaped bulbs that we use now.