Monday, September 13, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept restlessly last night and was awake several times in the night. Fortunately I was able to get right back to sleep each time. I finally got up about 5:00AM and changed my bed and started my laundry. Then I fixed my breakfast and am in the process of eating that now.

When I finish I will turn on the TV to "the weather on the 8's". I imagine it's the same forecast as the past few days...rain on Wednesday but you never know...this is Kansas, you know.

I will also check on the cats. Scruff finally ate most of the dry food I put out there yesterday but Blondie didn't eat anything here. He didn't have his new collar on either. He either managed to slip out of it or they took it off him. Missy used to hate a collar and would lose it as soon as possible.

I finished my breakfast and am in the process of drinking my Chai Latte. I will take that into the living room while I watch the weather.

More later... 

Scruff is out there eating that dry cat food.I guess if you have no other options, you will eat whatever is offered.  Evidently Blondie is pickier.

The laundry is dry, folded and put away for another week. I even got the leaves picked up and bagged in the back yard. The front yard is impossible. And it is yellow and even the ground is cracking in both yards. I would water but it would use a lot of wasteful water.

I have been watching the CBS morning news. I really am not too impressed with it...quite a bit of nonsense and not much "news". And Gail is really quite impressed with herself. I prefer the evening news.

It's 8:47AM right now.  

I read until nearly noon and then tried to call Nancy to see if lunch was still on for 1:00PM. She didn't  answer her phone so I went over there and rang the doorbell. Her caregiver  finally came to the door and said Nancy was eating lunch ....so she had forgotten out luncheon date. 

David Harkin texted me there was no Bunco on Wednesday. They had a death in the family...a grandson. That is so tragic! I have a doctor's appointment at 10:30AM on Wednesday and, of course, my hair appointment earlier at 9:00AM. So I will just come home after the doctor's appointment and have the child's Wacky Pack at Sonic for my lunch. On Wednesday's it's $2.18 with tax.

I think I will go out to Eggbert's and have lunch today.. That's what Nancy and I had intended to do but she forgot the plan.  It was her idea but her memory leaves something to be desired and if she doesn't write it down, she forgets.

More later... 

I went out to Eggbert's and ate my usual weekly lunch and then came home and read awhile. I went back to Nancy's after lunch and visited with her awhile and then Dale and Gina came and I just stayed about thirty minutes after that and then I came home. I will go back later this afternoon to visit after they leave.

In the meantime, I will read or work on the puzzle. 

I read and worked on the puzzle. Now the battery on the Kindle is down again so I have it plugged in to charge.  It's 6:25PM now and in a little bit I will take my bath...closer to 7:00PM. I am without a book to read now unless I reread  one of my hard cover books. I might watch a program I have recorded or even go into Amazon Prime and read something from there. I will wait and see.

In the meantime I will watch PBS news.

1 comment:

Kay said...

That sounds like a lovely full day.