Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday and My Hair Appointment and Doctor's Appointment

I had a time getting to sleep last night after Gina texted me that they were going ahead with putting Nancy in a nursing home. I will miss her. She's the only one here in Caney that I visited. Suzanne is too busy with Judy, her sister, to spend any time with me and besides, she also has Steve. I have outlived all my former Caney friends or they have moved away. My trips to Coffeyville on Wednesday will be my only chance for fellowship now that Nancy will be in Bartlesville. They will be moving her the next week or so.

It is 5:45AM now and I am eating my breakfast. Soon I will go check the weather. We were supposed to have had rain but I don't believe we got any last night..maybe today.

My hair appointment is at 9:00AM and my doctor's appointment is at 10:15AM. I am to have my blood work done today. It has been a year since that was done. I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:15AM.

I will need to check out the cats too.They didn't come back for any supper last night.  Scruff will be very hungry this morning and Blondie can always eat at home.

I will get back to this later. 

Scruff came and ate a little but not a lot. Blondie didn't even show up. He must have eaten at home. 

I left for Coffeyville a little after 8:00AM and got there in plenty of time for my appointment. In fact I went out to Woodshed and got my gas before going to my hair appointment. I took two bags of papers out to Karan's so she could take them to the shelter. After that, I went out to Walmart there and bought some rather green bananas. The ones I bought at our market here were too ripe and didn't hold up even in the frig in the green bag with a paper towel in it..

I went to the doctor's appointment at 10:30AM and they checked me over, took my blood pressure and checked my heart and lungs and pronounced me in very good shape for 85.

Then I went to Sonic there and bought a medium cherry limeade slush. I drank that on the way home. When I got to our Sonic, I ordered the child's Wacky Pack and poured the tiny coke that came with that into the remains of the shaved ice from my cherry limeade slush. That made a tasty drink.

I took the solar kitty back out to the sunshine. It doesn't look like we are going to get any rain today. It's nearly 2:00PM now and the sun is shining brightly.

I just got a storm warning from the police department until 8:15PM this evening.  I will have to watch for that and get my solar kitty in before that happens.

I guess I will go read some more... 

It's nearly 5:00PM and I have been reading all afternoon. Now I am waiting for the CBS Evening News.

More later... 

I watched the CBS news and then read my Kindle and finished my book until 10:00PM.Then I went on to bed.

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am sorry to hear that your friend Nancy is being put into a nursing home and you will be missing getting together with her. I hope you will soon make another friend to go to lunch with and visit.I am sorry, too, that she is having to go into a nursing home with things the way they are now.

Take care.

Dianne said...

I am so sorry about Nancy. I am hoping another opportunity for a friend will happen. It is hard. Praying for you and her.

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I hope you are able to visit Nancy in the nursing home. I am a volunteer at a senior care center and visit with a resident once a week. We do need to be fully vaccinated and wear masks while in the senior care center. I know it is a longer drive for you but perhaps you can join Nancy for a lunch once a month. You could check with the nursing home too to see if you can call and talk to Nancy maybe once a week. I am sure Nancy would enjoy hearing from you and not be as lonesome after her move to the nursing home.

Margie's Musings said...

I will do what I can.It may be the nursing home will not let her out to go to lunch with me.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't know what their policy on that is at this point..