Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tuesday and John's Birthday

I slept fitfully last night but did manage to get back to sleep every time I woke up. Finally, I got up at 5:00AM..my usual time. It is 6:15AM now and I am having my breakfast. I got on the scale this morning and noticed I had lost 4 pounds. I am happy about that and would like to lose five more.It probably won't happen though. One good thing is that I am getting some exercise nowadays. Just picking up the leaves in the back yard keeps me bending over 25 or more times..sometimes twice a day. That has got to be good for me.

Today is my son-in-laws birthday. I think it is his 67th birthday. I sent him a card with a gift in it last Friday. I hope he gets it today. He's a pretty good guy and a very hard working husband for my daughter. He doesn't have a lazy bone in his body. I think they have been married 46 years..very good for today's unstable society.

I will go turn on the TV and watch for the "weather on the 8's" and also check out the cats. They are not happy with the dry cat food but it is better for them then the wet food Suzanne gave me.

Both cats came and Scruff ate some of the dry food but Blondie took one look at it and went away. Scruff came back twice and ate a little bit..but not much!

So, more later... 

I cleaned up the leaves in the back yard again. I hope it does rain tonight and tomorrow. My yard is yellow and and the ground is cracking. 

Then I went out to Dollar General and bought a sympathy card for the Harkins' who lost their grandson this past week. I play Bunco with them but it has been cancelled this week. I got it put in the mail and also the books for Jerod's baby. I bought a large envelope at the post office to send them out in and sent a birthday card for a one year old too. 

More later...the trash people have come and I want to put away the trash barrel. 

Then I got my clippers and trimmed the hedge. I'd like to rake the front yard but it's too hot out there now. It's only 77 degrees but in the hot sunshine it feels hotter then that.

I guess I will go back to my book. My Kindle is charged now.

At lunchtime I went back to my broccoli cheddar soup with crackers. After lunch I went back to the puzzle. Then at 2:00PM, I called Nancy and when I didn't get her on the phone, I went over to her house and we visited for a couple off hours. She was very depressed. Dale and Gina had been over and after I left yesterday they bullied her into agreeing to "try" an assisted living at Bartlesville. She agreed to give it a try. Now she regretted that agreement. While we were visiting they came back and right in front of me, pressed her into getting dressed because a woman by the name of Valerie was coming at 3:30PM to "evaluate" her for an assisted living "trial" in Bartlesville. 

Gina rushed her upstairs to get dressed before the lady came. Let's face it...this is not about what she wants...it's what they want....Dale and Gina and her son, David, and his wife want.

Getting old is no fun if you can't stand up for yourself and you let other people make your life changing decisions for you. 

I got a text from Gina this evening telling me they are moving forward with moving Nancy into Green Country Retirement Village in Bartlesville. She told me not to discuss the decision with Nancy. It only confuses her. I have done all I can to help her. When I got to her house this afternoon she was questioning her decision to try it and was depressed that she was leaving her home. They painted a pretty picture of life in a nursing home. Anyone who has ever had anyone in one knows life is pretty bleak in a nursing home. My sister, Phyllis, was in Windsor Place Alzheimer's Unit in Coffeyville for several years.

Every time I went to visit her, she asked me to take her home.

But it is their decision to take her there and they will have to live with the decision.

I have had my bath and have downloaded three more books to read on my Kindle.

At 9:00PM,I will go to bed.

1 comment:

pat m said...

There is a big difference between a nursing home and assisted living. I live in assisted and have my own apartment. I get minimal help right now but I know that I'm safe. I still do my own laundry but I don't have to clean or fix meals .