Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday and an Appointment to Give Blood

I got up at my usual 5:00AM and am having my breakfast now. I have made my bed and dressed already I did wake up a couple of times in the night and got up to go to the bathroom and also take my two meds.. I need to stop at Coffeyville's Medicine Shoppe tomorrow when I go over to the senior center to the lunch Asbury Village serves on the third Friday of each month and stop and pick up my blood pressure medicine. Yesterday Lora called in my two prescriptions. This afternoon after I attempt to give blood at the Bloodmobile here in Caney I will go up to Independence and pick up my thyroid med at Walgreens there. It's a lot cheaper there then the Medicine Shoppe in Coffeyville.They took some blood yesterday at the doctor's office's lab to check my thyroid. 

I will clean the apartment this morning while the commercials are on with the news. Right now I am drinking my coffee. Soon I will go check the "weather on the 8's" and also the cats. It never did rain yesterday or last night after the police issued that storm warning. 

Krystal is having one of the girls (or perhaps herself) mow on Friday evening. The yard is bleached yellow but still needs mowing. The ground is cracking from the dryness too. We really need some rain in this 90 degree weather to cool it off. Too bad we didn't get any!

It's 6:16AM now and I am going to turn on the TV and check the weather.
More later...Well, the weather said rain on Tuesday next week but seeing is believing in my book.

Scruff came to eat her breakfast and she broke down and is eating the dry cat food. I guess if you are hungry enough you will eat whatever is given you. Blondie did not come. Evidently his owners are feeding him.

More even later...CBS morning news is on.

I got all my mopping finished and also the vacuuming. I will need to dust in the morning or maybe this afternoon.

The CBS News is off  now and I am not interested in the Tulsa News. 

Blondie finally came for breakfast and it's 9:06AM. I put out the dry cat food and he turned his back on it and stalked a grasshopper, caught it and ate it. I guess that's some kind of meat. It wasn't dry cat food.  I took that back into the garage and covered it.

I am going to try to give blood again this afternoon at 1:15PM. I have been deferred twice now. One nurse suggested I eat an orange and one said I should have an Oreo cookie. So I ate both. We'll see if that helps. I need to get my hemoglobin up. It's been low the last two times I have tried to give blood and been deferred.

I will have some more of my broccoli cheddar soup with crackers for lunch at noon.

I set the solar kitty out back on the flower bed. I didn't see any leaves in the back yard that had blown over from my south neighbor's trees but I have oodles in the front yard from my north neighbor across the street's trees. I am to have the yard mowed tomorrow afternoon and that will get a lot of them. Whatever is left I can rake up. 

I see I still have hummingbirds eating from my hummingbird feeder in the back. 

I went to my appointment to give blood and was able to give blood this time. That makes my three gallons since I have lived in Kansas. 

After I gave my blood, Suzanne came over and visited with me until time for her classmate meeting at 3:30PM. I really enjoyed that. It's 3:45PM now.  

I read until the CBS Evening News came on at 5:30PM and then watched that. Afterward I went back to my book on Kindle and then the battery of the Kindle went down again and I had to plug it in. It is 7:25PM  now and I will get my hard bound book out and begin reading it again. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM this evening.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We got a sprinkle yesterday but need a good rain also.

Margie's Musings said...

It's either way too much in the east or way too little in the midwest and west