Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday and a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for our Area.

I was up around 4:30AM. I had a problem sleeping later on this morning. Finally I just got up, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. The TV says we are under a severe thunderstorm warning...mostly in the Parsons/Galesburg area. But we are included.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" too.

Today is to be 91 degrees with isolated thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 73 degrees and Rain, Tuesday is to be 78 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy,  Thursday is to be 78 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for the week. We may have rain today and Monday. We sure need it. The river is nearly dry. I have nothing planned for the day so far.

So far, no Blondie. I've checked twice but it's only 5:33AM. It's still early.

I jut checked again and Blondie was out there waiting for his breakfast, I took it out to him and he is eating now.

Blondie ate quickly and left and I brought his bowl into the garage and covered it again, Then I took my walk. I got back home at 8:13AM. It's 70 degrees out there ...very nice. Maybe fall has arrived after all.

More Even Later...

I took my last book back to the library and dropped it in the book drop. I had read all morning and finished the second one too. Then at 11:30AM or so I drove up to Independence and went to Big Cheese for a mini pizza and a root beer. On the way back I decided to drop in on Leslie and see if she would visit awhile. She did. I stayed a  half hour or so and then I left. I knew she had a lot on her plate with her new responsibility. I just miss seeing her every once in a while. I usually just see her on Sundays since she has taken on her new responsibilities. She used to occasionally ask me to go somewhere with her. She doesn't have that much free time anymore.

When I got home, I went to the market for some flavored water. Then I went by the post office and sent Sage's birthday card and gift to her. Her birthday is not next weekend but the next. John's is the 14th and hers is the 17th of September. I will get John's gift certificate next Sunday.

I went to the library again when I got home and checked out two more books. I started reading one of them.

It's 91 degrees this afternoon. It's 4:07PM now.

More Later....I read all afternoon and finally finished one of the latest books. I will take it to the library drop box in the morning. That will leave one more to read.

Gay called me this evening and wanted me to go to Tulsa with her on Monday to pick up her sister and brother -in-law from the airport there. They had been visiting their children and grandchildren in Houston.  We will meet at Coffeyville at 12:30 PM for lunch at El  Pueblito and then go to Brown Shoe Fit Company so she can get some new shoes. From there we will go on to Tulsa to pick them up and come back to Coffeyville at El Pueblito to pick up my car. Then I will drive back home.

I took my bath at 7:00PM  and went on to bed at 9:00PM.


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Does Leslie have a new job or is she just doing more with the Church. I missed where you said what she is doing? Hope it’s not too much for her.

Margie's Musings said...

She is retired from her job but the church called her to be one of three presidents of our Mission Center..the largest Mission Center in the church. She already was the financial officer for the same Mission Center. And she is one of two pastors of our local congregation on top of that.

So she has a huge responsibility.

Margie's Musings said...

There is no salary for the responsibilities she has but the Mission Center pays her expenses.