Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sunday and Church

 I slept well last night and was up at 6:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. Our church has dismissed today for the holiday and the fact that most of the congregation will be gone for the holiday.

So I plan to go to the church near me here in the newer addition. I did that the last time we dismissed church for a holiday and they had a very good service. The name of the church is "Cornerstone"...

When I opened the front door. Blondie was waiting for me..very hungry for some reason. I fed him and he ate his fill and left. I plan to take my walk in a little bit. It's 6:56AM now and I just caught "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 99 degrees and mostly sunny,  Wednesday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to bee 96 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny and Saturday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy...that's the week..mostly sunny and hot, hot, hot!

I got back from my walk at 7:53AM. I was a little later because as I was walking down "State" street I found three dumpsters tipped over with the trash scattered nearby. I set the dumpsters up and picked up all the trash and put it back in the dumpsters. It looked like a big dog may have dumped them over because many of the trash bags in them were torn open and it looked like something had been looking for food. 

More Later... 

I did attend the Cornerstone church here in Caney. Everyone was very friendly and one family asked me to sit with them. The sermon was very good and they served communion there too. On the way out Keith and Barbara Rogers came and greeted me. They live in the house Bob and I built in 1975 and another Caney couple bought it from us and later Keith and Barbara bought it from them as a rental...

After Church I went to Eggbert's here for lunch.  They were packed but they had one booth empty so I took it. Soon after, some ladies from Cornerstone church came in and there were no free booths so I invited them to share mine. They did that and introduced themselves to me. We visited as we ate. The brother of one of them was married to Nancy Fitchel, one of Leslie's good friends from high school.

Soon Sally came in and I invited her to sit with the three of us and she did.  When the other two finally left, Sally finished her meal and took part of it home for her supper.  We left at the same time.

More Later. I am going to read my book for awhile. 

I read until 7:00PM, when I took my bath. Then I read until I finished my book and then at 9:00PM I took my Melatonin and went on to bed.

No comments: