Monday, January 22, 2024

Monday and Ice

 I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I checked for cats twice but it's 28 degrees out there and they are sheltered somewhere (I hope). I did catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 39 degrees and ice to rain, tomorrow is to be 45 degrees and PM showers,  Wednesday is to be 44 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 50 degrees and cloudy, Friday is to be 51 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 48 degrees and showers and Sunday is ts be 46 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week. It looks like four days of rain which we can certainly use.

More Later... 

I had two cups of Chai Latte and a breakfast bar for my breakfast.

And I have been watching "Good Morning America" on TV. It's now 31 degrees and still raining. The little white cat came for it's breakfast and I took it out to it. It ate some but now it is lying by the open front door. I imagine it gets some warmth out of the window next to the inside.  

More Later... 

I went to the mailbox to check the.mail and on the way down the driveway, I slipped on the ice and went down hard and hit my head on the driveway.  I came in the house and called Leslie. She asked if I was hurt and I said I didn't think so and then she asked if I was bleeding and I told her I didn't think so but I got a washcloth and put it on my head and looked in the mirror. I was bleeding and the blood was running down the back of my neck and down my shirt in the back. She said I should go to the Urgent Care and she would come get me and take me there. 

I called to see if they were open since it had been raining and the rain was freezing. As soon as she could get here, she loaded me up in the vehicle and we drove over to Urgent Care. They got me in quickly and the woman who runs Urgent Care checked the site on my head. She said I had a large bump on my head and suggested I should go to the Emergency Room and have a brain scan. We drove out to the hospital and I registered. When I got back to the room to be examined, the nurse gave me an ice pack to put on it and told me there were two ambulances waiting with people who had fallen on the ice. We went to the waiting room and sat for a long time. 

Finally I told Leslie I was not going to wait while two ambulances had priority and the waiting room was also full of folks that were there before us and they had been waiting a long time too.   

I signed a release and we left and went to Arby's and had lunch. It was 4:00PM by then and we were both hungry and so was John. She called him and he gave an order there too. 

We ate and then  Leslie pulled around close to the door and I hung onto the car until I got in. She brought me home and took John's lunch and went back home too. 

I don't have a headache and feel fine. I have no additional symptoms.  Hopefully everything will be fine. 

I wonder how Toni will wash my hair on Wednesday when I go over there for my hair appointment.

I will worry about that on Wednesday.

I just took my bath at 7:15PM. I have put my pajamas on and am prepared to go to bed around 9:00PM. I put a hand towel on my pillow and will hope my head won't bleed on it. If it does, it won't hurt the hand towel. I will do some more laundry in the morning. I have the rest of my laundry to do again anyhow. 

It's been a day!


1 comment:

Dianne said...

Praying you are okay .. I am so sorry that this happened. A reminder to all of us to be careful in this weather.❤