Thursday, January 25, 2024

Thursday and Lunch with Gay

 I slept well last night and was up just before 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.  I had my two cups of Chai Latte and a breakfast bar and opened the door to find no cats waiting at all. It's 37 degrees out there. 

I did catch "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 48 degrees and AM fog and PM clouds. Tomorrow is to be 49 degrees and PM showers,  Saturday is to be 39 degrees and  AM showers, Sunday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 57 degrees  and sunny, Tuesday is to be 62 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 57 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! Two days of rain...Friday and Saturday and the weather a lot warmer for January It's 37 degrees right now so we have a ways to go before we can enjoy warmer weather. It's only January 25th. 

I called the city when I got home yesterday afternoon to see if they had got their leak repaired and they hadn't so we had no water in Caney. They had a major leak. As though living in a community with no water available from the Caney river isn't enough. Now they had a major water line break and we don't  have any water at all. I poured a pitcher of water which came from my hot water tank and used that to give myself a sponge bath before I went to bed last night 

On top of that, the water we do have when we have any at all, is very expensive. My last water and trash bill was $120. Caney is a disaster zone. We have to buy bottled drinking water if we want to make Chai Latte or just to have a drink of water.  They did tell me yesterday evening when I called that they are buying bottled water from Independence (now that they have the major water line break) and will have some for us today. We will see! Somehow I doubt that. Everyone will be making a trip to city hall and with a run on bottled water from the city, they will undoubtedly run out quickly. I have two bottles left of that I bought last weekend in Independence.

I will be meeting Gay, my lifelong friend, in Independence at 11:00AM this morning for lunch at a restaurant that used to be called Anna Mays... but I think she must have sold it because the last time I was in Independence I noticed the name Anna Mays was no longer on the sign. Someone else must be running it now.

We met at the former Ana Mae's at Independence and had a BLT sandwich and iced tea. We had a good visit too.

The bank in Coffeyville called me when I got home and told me my checks had come in and I told them I would come this afternoon and pick them up.   Now I had better do that.

I called the bank back and told them I would just pick up the checks on Wednesday when I will be over there for an appointment anyhow. They said that would be fine..that will save me a trip.

I called Caney City Hall this morning and they got the water line repaired last night. So we have water again. Thank Goodness. I can get a decent bath tonight instead of a sponge bath.

More Even Later...

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath (with warm water) and will read until 9:00PM or until I finish this book I am reading.

When I do that, I will return it to the Coffeyville library Wednesday when I go to get my hair done in Coffeyville.

In the meantime I will read awhile more.

 

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

My water bill is abt 25 dollars a month. I put my trash in with Laura’s now so I don’t have a trash bill. I just have a bag or two each week. My water bill this month may be higher cause I had every faucet dripping for two weeks almost. Your bill is outrageous.