Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Wild Month

This will be another wild one. My hair appointment is at 7:15 this morning and then I have breakfast with Juanita. After that, I need to stop by Calvert's and get my makeup and then stop by the church on my way home and run off the bulletins for Sunday and make copies of the agenda and the minutes for this Thursday's ministerial alliance meeting. After that meeting then at 6:30, I have a Mary Kay party to attend at Leslie's.

What I had hoped would be a quiet month looks like it's going to be very busy. This Friday Bob has a meeting of the Creative Conversations group that is trying to solve the race problems in our schools and community. Since he is the member of PINCH, I decided to have him go to the next two meetings of this group. So Friday is his first meeting. Saturday, Scott will be here at least part of the day.

We have the guest minister coming for church this Sunday so I will have to fix a dish or two for the basket dinner. I also preside at the service.

At 8:20 on Monday the 9th, Bob has a dental appointment to have his teeth cleaned and examined. Then at 4:30 that day he has his regular doctor's appointment for his diabetes.

Tuesday the 10th, I have my MC3 board meeting in Independence. Then Wednesday we have the Independence Ministerial Association meeting in Independence at noon. We have an in service at the hospital here on that following Thursday. Then on Friday, the 13th Bob has his surgery for his squamous cell carcinoma. I hope that's not a bad sign. I am not superstitious but ....

On Saturday the 14th, there is a workday at the campgrounds and if Bob is up to it, we should go. (They canceled that this afternoon!)

On the 16th, he has his second Creative Conversations meeting at 7:45 at the elementary school. They will serve breakfast. That class goes till 4:00. He has a Red Cross class in Tulsa on Tuesday the 17th and Wednesday the 18th. That's most of the activity for the month.

Keith, our older son, will start his trip home for Thanksgiving on the 19th. It will probably take him two days to get here since he's coming from Phoenix. He will be with us Thanksgiving week.

On the 22nd, we will attend the Community Thanksgiving service. I am the treasurer for the CMA so I should attend and it will be good for Keith to attend too. He has been attending his church regularly. That has been a huge help in his accepting his life problem.

I will make two pies, sweet potatoes, a green bean casserole and Bob's Waldorf salad for the Thanksgiving dinner at Leslie's. There will be eight of us if Keith's daughter, Christina, and her daughter, Mia, come. Thanksgiving Day is Christina's 32nd birthday too. We will need to have a card party for her.

Scott's birthday is the 29th and hopefully he will be here for that occasion too. He will be 49.

Ah, you see why I cannot die. I am much too busy to bother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Margie. You are going to be worn out. I am so glad Slinky is better and I know you will enjoy seeing your son since you have not seen him in a while. Good luck!

Betty said...

You just seem to get busier and busier. You run circles around me.

Margie's Musings said...

I keep looking forward to a calm month but everything soon snowballs.