Monday, November 2, 2009

Sick Dog


Well Slinky is sick. He hasn't eaten since yesterday afternoon and doesn't even drink his water. He doesn't appear to have fever but he is just barely walking and pants hard. He acts like it is hard on him to lie down.

Bob took him on a short walk because he loves his walk and Bob thought it might pick him up but he played out after half a block so Bob brought him back in the yard through the back gate. He is not drinking his water and his food just sits. I don't know what to do. He is so large we cannot get him into the car in this shape. He is dead weight.

I guess we'll wait and see what the morning brings. He has been sick before once and quit eating but he usually gets over whatever it is that's bothering him. Poor baby!

I've been keeping Scott advised.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Slinky is sick. My daughter just took her dog to the vet today and it cost her $400 to find out he has arthritis and thyroid problems. I guess it cost a fortune to go to the vet, too.
I am glad you had a good time in Branson. I have never been but hear it is a fun place to go.

Margie's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie's Musings said...

He is better now...thank goodness. He finally drank some water and ate some food this evening.