Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Well Dog and Better Day

Well, it appears Slinky has recovered from whatever he had yesterday. I thought sure he was on his last legs. This morning though he wanted into the kitchen with me and he definitely wanted his cinnamon toast. He ate nearly all his dog food too. He began drinking water yesterday evening so I knew he was feeling better then. He slept out on the patio on his chaise lounge. If he had still been sick, I would have let him sleep in the kitchen.

I will go to my sister's this morning for a couple of hours. She called last night at supper time and visited awhile on the phone. She seemed more rational. Mornings are sometimes best. Although ordinarily when I go, it's in the morning and she tells me the same things she has told me every Tuesday when I go there...over and over again.

Maybe later we will go to Independence and take Leslie to lunch. I need to go to Calvert's and get some makeup and an eyeliner pencil.

Scott latest problem worked out too. Over the weekend, XM Radio took $426. out of his account to pay for his XM radio. It was supposed to have taken $42.60 out. He had paid his bills so everything began to bounce. His bank is covering his overdrafts while he worked all weekend to get his money back. Finally the bank put it back in and Master Card, his debit card company, will work to recover the money. In the meanwhile, I sent him his $200 money market savings and found that I could not overnight it anymore. So I put it in the regular mail. Even that cost an extra .11 in postage and it was in just a card. But he should have that tomorrow. I told the woman at the post office, "Do you wonder that we use e-mail anymore? Stamps have gone up and services have gone down." I know that woman can't help it but I needed to say that to someone that works at the post office. It was so frustrating.

Scott has a date with a woman in our area Friday night so he will come stay and visit with us this weekend. I haven't seen him in two months but he has come here twice while I was out of town for the weekend. He visited with Bob those times.

No comments: