Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday at Last

Not that I'm looking forward to Friday but this is the first day this week that I have not had something going to dominate my day.

My brother-in-law called this morning and asked me to eat breakfast with him at Eggberts. That was nice. We talked about my hectic week and my sister (his wife) and her progress toward losing it all with Alzheimer's Disease. How I hate the disease that stole my sister's memory. Her older daughter from Wisconsin will be coming in late tonight. Diana wants to spend as much time with her as she can while her mother still remembers her. I will go see Phyllis this afternoon. My brother-in-law is going to see her this morning.

I don't know what the rest of the day will bring.

I worked until after 10:30 to try to fix my desktop computer. I have been having the Blue Screen of Death again constantly today. I thought I had it fixed. Right now I am running chkdsk to see if that will fix it. Next I will try chkdsk/f and then I will run Reg Cure. That's a reputable program. The last time this happened I ran into a free trial program that fixed it for several weeks. But now it is continually crashing. Computers!

Well, that didn't work. I give up for right now. Thank goodness I have my laptop.

Now I need to go see Phyllis.

She was pretty muddled. I stayed an hour. She has her urinary tract infection again. Hopefully they will be able to treat it in house because every time she goes to the hospital, she gets worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I have been having computer troubles, too. I hope you figure yours out. Mine keeps locking up on me for some reason. This has been a week with one thing after another. I went to the grocery the other day, came out and my car was dead. Today, I had a new battery and new tires put on. It needed both. Always something that cost money it seems. Hope you have a good weekend and relax!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. Actually, my computer wasn't fixed. I will probably work on it again tomorrow sometime.