Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Very Busy Day!

This was one of those very busy days. First I stripped my bed and washed my towels. Then I cleaned the house thoroughly. It shines!

About 11:00 I went to the ministerial alliance meeting, did my minutes and came home and typed them up. During the meeting, Keith called. He was dealing with the young man who wanted to buy Bob's truck. He had taken it to a mechanic and the mechanic found about $1100 worth of stuff he said needed to be done to the truck. He wanted me to come off my price. I looked up the Blue Book price for the truck with 114,000 miles on it and even then it was worth $3920. I told him my bottom dollar was $3800. He wanted me to come down to $3200. I told him to go look for a Ford Ranger pickup that looked as good as mine that was 11 years old and if he could find one, he should buy it but I was going to get $3800 for mine. It is slick! Keith called back in ten minutes and said the young man would take it for $3800. I told him those things will not be needing to be done right away. They were upkeep. He would be doing them one at a time. He could not expect a brand new truck when mine was 11 years old. We had done all the upkeep needed while we owned it. He told Keith, "Your mom must be a car salesman". Keith told him I sold cars in 1995.

Then I made up a Ministerial Alliance book for a new member of the alliance. That took me a couple of hours.

I didn't take time to eat today and was eating a banana when Leslie called and asked me out to dinner. Jeff and Cyndi called and wanted to pick up the exercise bike they bought from me. Then they went to dinner with Leslie and me. That was really nice.

No comments: