Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Following Thanksgiving

It's the Friday following Thanksgiving. I will go see what the damage is on my car today. I didn't sleep well last night for thinking about it. I found that I have $1,000 deductible on my insurance and depending on what it costs for the repair, I will probably pay for it out of my savings. It was my stupidity. Half my property taxes have to be paid in December too and my new glasses will be in next week. My meager savings will be gone quickly at this rate.

Keith wants to go out to see Jeromy and Marlene's house sometime today. I will probably stay home. It's 21 degrees out there and Slinky has to stay in the kitchen. I tried to brush the mud off his feet awhile ago and I thought he was going to take my hand off. He does not like to have his feet messed with. Once Taresa cut his toenails into the quick and no one can touch his feet after that. I bawled him out and told him he was a bad dog and now he's lying over there on his bed sulking.

Keith is still sleeping in. He stayed up late last night. He sleeps like a baby though.

I saw Bob A. yesterday and he had been to see Phyllis. She is very non responsive now and when she does respond, she cries. That is so tragic! At least she hasn't vomited again. And the analysis from her stool sample may not be back until Monday or Tuesday because of the holiday.

I hope all my friends had a nice Thanksgiving. We certainly did although I went to bed utterly exhausted. I took my blood pressure this morning and it is still 145/81. It probably takes awhile for it to come down.

More later....

The repair wasn't as bad as I thought. It is $662. My insurance is $1,000 deductible so I won't even turn it in. That will keep my insurance rate from increasing.

Keith and I went to Bartlesville this morning and just looked around. There was lots of traffic and the stores were packed.

Then we dropped out to John and Leslie's. When Terry and Denise left last night, their SUV broke down at the Tyro corner. John brought it back to his garage and took them home. This morning he fixed it. It was a wheel bearing. John is one of those people who can do a little bit of everything. So things turned out better except Phyllis' situation. She has another urinary tract infection. They will start antibiotics this morning. She is unresponsive again today. When she does rouse, she cries. It's absolutely pitiful!

4 comments:

pat m said...

actually your medication should have worked by now. Stress does increase b/p . Sounds like it might be time for hospice for your sister. 6 months or less is the usual prognosis. Are you taking calcium? As try some meditative exercises.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, Pat, I do take calcium.

My sister is in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients.

Esther said...

Mrs. Miller,

Be encouraged.

The Lord our God knows your need, He will never leave you or forsake you.
Believe "That", with all that's in you!

Margie's Musings said...

I believe that, Esther. And the Lord helps those who help themselves.