Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Morning

Well, it's Sunday morning and I'm doing my usual. I got up about five. I put Slinky out. He wanted out. Today is very balmy...kind of like San Antonio when we lived there in 1954.

I have been carefully transferring files from the desktop computer to the laptop computer for storage this morning. The desktop stayed up long enough for me to print off some files for the morning too.

At church this morning, we will elect officers. We elect our officers from the congregation and our pastor from among the Elders. I have been pastor for quite a few years here. I may be re-elected. Leslie is CFO and probably will not be elected pastor too. Sue and John really want to be freer this year to visit their kids and grandkids. And Karan has never wanted the job. So I may get it again by default.
I made cinnamon rolls this morning. I let them rise too long and they are huge. But hopefully they will be o.k. anyhow. (They were well received even though they were huge)

We may be too full of cinnamon rolls to eat lunch out after church. We will see. Bob A. is coming by to pick me up for church. We decided it was ridiculous to take two cars when both of us are going alone to the same place every Sunday.

He is going to talk to his and Phyllis' doctor again tomorrow morning. He wants to cancel the CT scan if at all possible. He called yesterday morning and the doctor told him Phyllis had fallen and seemed very confused. He had not seen her in three months. When Bob went out to Windsor to see how bad the fall had been, he was told she had not fallen. In fact, they didn't seem to know what he was talking about. He saw Phyllis and she was more lucid then usual and was just fine. Evidently the doctor "had the wrong chart" according to the nurse in charge there. Not!! If he were my doctor, I would change doctors over that. It appears he just wanted to run another terribly expensive test for his own curiosity. But Bob does not want to change doctors now. This doctor knows Phyllis's case and has been her doctor ever since they moved back to town in the early 90's. He has a lot more patience then I have. I don't like the idea of being told something that is easily enough checked out just to find out it isn't so.

I got my weekly newsletters done this afternoon and out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.

Leslie and Bob A. and I did go eat at El Publetos after all. We probably won't eat again today. I am going the the worship service presented by our Ministerial Alliance tonight at 6:00. I want to hear Fr. Jerry's homily. He lost his wife last winter and will have a strong testimony of that experience. I am the treasurer and I will pick up the money for the offering for Genesis and make a deposit tomorrow.

If the CT scan is canceled, I will go on out and clean Leslie's house tomorrow. I have my own doctor's appointment on Tuesday at 9:00 AM.

No comments: