Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

It's Monday and I am going out to Leslie's this morning to clean her house. It will be clean for Thanksgiving on Thursday. I don't know when to expect Keith. First he was going to leave after work tonight..then Tuesday. So I guess I'll just go about my business as usual and he can call me when he gets here. It won't be today anyhow.

Tomorrow at 9:00 will be my doctor's appointment. Maybe she can tell me what's going on with my blood pressure. Until that appointment, I have been taking aspirin. Perhaps it will thin my blood and keep me from having an even worse health problem.

Wednesday I will get my hair done since Thursday is Thanksgiving. If Keith is here he can go with me....or he may sleep in. I guess it depends on when he will come.

This will be a strange Thanksgiving after 56 years. It will be the first one without Bob. Christmas will also be strange.

Last night Karan and Bobby called and asked me to go to that church service with them. That was sweet. They are good friends. After the service they asked me out to Brahms for an ice cream cone. That also was sweet. I have the offering and this afternoon I will make the deposit and write the check for Genesis.

It is still balmy out. Slinky slept outside last night. It's supposed to turn very cold for Thanksgiving..in fact, on Wednesday.

Scott surprised me with a call this morning from Germany. He is lonely and I miss him terribly too. It will be doubly strange with him gone this Thanksgiving. It's been months since I've heard from Jerod and Ashley. I did talk to Christina, Keith's eldest, last week. She is going to Houston for Thanksgiving but will drop by to see me on her way back home. That's really sweet of her.

I'd better get going out to Leslie's. It's almost 7:30.

More later...

It took me 4 hours to do Leslie's house this time. Afterward I went to have lunch with her. She had a later...1:00 lunch hour this time . After lunch I went to Wal Mart to have my blood pressure taken. It was 200/105. I called in to the doctor's office to see if she wanted to see me before tomorrow morning after that. She evidently did not have a lot of confidence in the Wal Mart blood pressure machine. She asked me if I had any headache, bleeding nose, or dizziness. When I answered "no" she said just come in in the morning unless I have some symptoms. That's strange. It was my understanding that you seldom have any symptoms with high blood pressure.

Oh well. Surely I won't have a stroke before morning. :)

Lord only knows how long it's been that high.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I hate to write this, but I don't agree with your doctor. I think that she should have seen you, even though she doesn't trust W Mart's machine. I hope you don't take this wrong. I'm just concerned about you. You've just gone through the most stressful and hurtful thing that a person can experience.That and the busy lifestyle that you have. I wish you good luck at the doctor's. There are so many drugs on the market to help lower BP. That and diet will do the trick. Please just know that I am concerned and wish you well. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I am not offended. I felt the same way. That's why I called her.

pat m said...

I don't agree with your doctor either. Especially since I had a stroke related to high b/p and I did not have any symtoms...she should have seen you right away.