Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday at Last!

I say that because I finally have a free day. The CMA dinner at Trinity United Methodist Church is not until 6:00 this evening. So I can choose to do whatever I please with the day. I will go over to the mall at 10:00 when they open and take stock of the things I have in there. Maybe I will go to Bartlesville.

Slinky slept through the night again last night. He got me up at 4:00 to go outside to potty. Then came back in and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. Missy got me up at 4:30 to go out so I tossed her out. As I have said before, if she wakes me up, out she goes!

I got my first Christmas card yesterday. I may get some of mine ready to go today. I will do them a few at a time because I will include letters in some of them.

I used my gift certificate from Juanita at Nanny La Rose yesterday and got a new long sleeved black tee. My other one, which had come from Wal Mart, shrank when I washed it. I washed it in cold water too and ran it through the dryer on "delicate" so I will give it to the thrift shop at the Presbyterian Church. I also bought a cooling rack for cookies at Sayers Ace Hardware.

I noticed that when I finish my blog on the new computer with Windows 7, it does not give me the option to edit my remarks....strange. So I do that work on the laptop with XP.

I will make my Waldorf Salad this morning and cover it and let it marinate in the frig today.

More later...

I got that salad finished and then went downtown to look around at the malls. Not much going on there.

My brother-in-law called me back. I had wondered if he had watered the poinsettias when he was out to church. He hadn't. He asked me if I had eaten. I hadn't. So he met me at Braum's where we had a bowl of chili. Then we went out to church and watered the flowers.

Tomorrow is the Windsor Place Christmas party and we will all go. Bob A will pick up Denise and then get me and we will all go together.

I am attempting to make plans for Christmas dinner. I think since there will be so few that I will make my chicken and rice casserole and have a salad and a veggie and hot rolls and call it Christmas dinner. Leslie will make the pies this time. John may have to work. But they may close the plant for Christmas. We will see. I am going to make peanut clusters and some kind of bread for Christmas Eve. I will buy some eggnog at Braums and we will open our gifts.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Hello there. I came to your blog from Patsy's, which is a daily read for me, and noticed where you live. My husband's brother lives in Elk City. The reason I went to your profile to see where you lived is that you mentioned going to Bartlesville, and that's where the brother-in-law and his wife go to the movies on Sundays.
Small world in Blogger land, isn't it?

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. I live in Coffeyville.