Sunday, December 5, 2010

Busy Sunday

Today is the baptismal day for Mary Beth. The service will begin at 10:30 this morning and after the baptism there will be a break for brunch and then the confirmation service will begin. I will not want lunch after that brunch. I will take my own car this morning because Bob A. may go to Chanute with John and Sue to a concert and then to their house in Neodesha afterward for refreshments. I will then be able to drive myself home from church.

This morning I will make my coffeecake to take as my part of the brunch. I will start it in about an hour. It's almost 7:00 AM now. I will go out early to check the water in the font. I want to be sure it's warm and full because Carletta is very ill and she is doing the baptism of her granddaughter. Sue and Carletta will do the confirmation. Sue will be the spokesperson.

I will get my letters done this afternoon and then just relax this evening. I was exhausted last night and went to bed after falling asleep in the recliner. I woke at 2:30 feeling strange and got up to take my blood pressure. It was 189/92. I took an Aleve and went back to sleep. That was my intent anyhow. Slinky woke me up three times...unusual for him. He usually sleeps through the night. The last time he just wanted me to get up and get his breakfast. It was 4:00 AM. I came in the kitchen and bawled him out and told him to get back to sleep. I never heard another peep out of him.

I got up around 5:30 and took my time coming into the kitchen. I dressed and made up my face first. I gave him his oatmeal after he ate his dog food and I put a Benadril capsule in it. He has terrible allergies. The Benadril seems to help a lot. I also heard if you put olive oil on a cotton ball and rub it in his ears, it will kill the ear mites. He's always been troubled with ear mites. So far, so good. He is lying at my feet here and not shaking his head or doing any scratching....not yet anyhow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got Slinky and his ear mites straightened out. Sorry to read about your car, too. I just had a new battery, new brakes, and new tires put on mine. It seems there is always something that costs money! Be glad you aren't here tonight. It is twelve degrees outside with snow. Have a good week.

pat m said...

B/P is still high inspite of the ace inhibitor you are taking. I would suggest a mild diurectic such as HCTZ starting at 12.5 mg along with your ace inhibitor. I take 25 mg HCTZ plus a betablocker which controls my b/p. The HCZTZ is very mild and is a 4$ med.

Margie's Musings said...

I will talk to my doctor about it this week. I saw her at church yesterday and she said "Give it two weeks".

Thanks for the advice.

And, Judy, I am glad I am not there. But we may have snow here tomorrow.