Friday, March 11, 2011

Major Earthquake Hits Japan

Last night a huge earthquake hit Japan. It was a 8.9 quake and afterward, of course, a huge tsunami hit. The same tsunami is due to hit Hawaii and the west coast of the US, as well as 17 other countries. They are evacuating folks along the coast from California to Washington and Oregon.

This will be a major evacuation as they are expecting 7 to 8 foot waves.

More later...

I went on to work and tried to keep my mind on my work. After I finished, I went on home and ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I went to Bartlesville to visit my friend who is in ICU. She couldn't stop coughing last Sunday evening so she and Pete left church early and she said she needed to go to the emergency. There they discovered that not only did she have pneumonia, but they discovered that she had two bad heart valves and was very sick. They transferred her to Bartlesville hospital where they are treating her pneumonia. She is a very sick woman. They will decide on Monday if they can proceed with surgery to repair the two heart valves. I can't see that they can but, of course, I'm no doctor. I'm afraid they would lose her on the table.

Her husband and son were there. Her daughter had just left to go to their home back in Coffeyville. I stayed about twenty minutes.

Then I went out to the mall and walked around. I got home about 5:00. I will go back on Tuesday. I hope she will still be with us on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

I heard that another separate quake, though smaller, hit another part of Japan. I can't imagine the devastation. We need to count our blessings and pray for them..Balisha

Anonymous said...

I have watched this on t.v. all day. It is just horrible and I feel so sorry for all those people over there. Balisha is right, we are so lucky. I think all these changes and strange weather is so weird. It's like something is happening all over the world to bring us to our knees. Hope you have a good weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy.

The entire quake and tsunami was a horrible catastrophe. I can't imagine what those folks must be going through.