Thursday, March 10, 2011

Very Busy Thursday

Wednesday was strained. I felt a little better and my jaw no longer hurt. I tried to carefully brush my teeth and then went on to work. Luckily my supervisor was out of the office so I had the director as a supervisor. She kept me busy but not terribly busy. When I got home I was still kind of zapped. It's amazing how zapped I was after just an extraction. Maybe it's my age.

Anyhow,I stayed up last night until 9:30. I had Slinky in the kitchen because it was 30 degrees outside. He woke me up three times barking. First he wanted out to pee. Then he wanted me to get up. It was 3:00 AM. I went in and bawled him out and gave him the option of going outside or going back to bed. He went back to bed. Again, he woke me up at 4:00. He wanted his breakfast. I put him out. It was cold but I was tired. I slept until 5:30. Then I let him back in. After he had His breakfast he fell asleep at my feet on his cushion. He makes such a mess of the kitchen though. Now only does he slobber all over the floor but he also drags in dirt on his feet. I hate to have him in the kitchen.

I felt a lot better today and worked until noon and then went to Wal Mart. I needed a few things and hadn't been there for a couple of weeks. Then I came home and put away my groceries and went back to town to get my ring. I had had the jeweler cut it off my right hand and then left it with him to be re-sized for my left hand. My knuckle on my right hand has grown too large to get the ring off. The left hand has not done that so much. So I picked up the ring and I am wearing it on my left hand.

Then I went to see Phyllis and Gerry. Phyllis was doing better. When I got there, she was napping in her bed. I went in and just watched her awhile. After awhile she woke up and I had a quaint conversation with her. She was concerned about the "intersection". The adults there and the children too. Then she said it was "too expensive". She began counting "sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety." Then she began to go over the days of the week. "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Tuesday". I don't think she knew what she was doing. Finally, she said, "do you want to buy it?" I said "yes, I do". Then she said "Tell Bob that you want to buy it". That kind of conversation went on for thirty minutes. At least she wasn't crying and she wasn't angry. Alzheimer's Disease is horrible.

Then I went to see Gerry. She had been in the hospital with her heart Friday and Saturday. I was there Friday and brought her the newspapers but she wasn't there. I thought she was at therapy. Gerry is 89. She will be 90 April 3rd.

Then I went to see Bob A. He had been in Independence to a caregivers meeting and to see his sister. We visited awhile. We will go to Joplin on Saturday. We will eat at Olive Garden and walk the mall. Then I stopped at Braums and bought a small chocolate chip milk shake. I had tried to eat some soup earlier but wasn't too successful so I gave it to Slinky.

I came home and cleaned the kitchen and ran the sweeper in the bedrooms. Tomorrow, I will clean the bathrooms and run the sweeper in the living room and dust. I had intended to do that Saturday but since I'm going to Joplin with Bob Saturday, I did it today and will do it tomorrow.

Tonight Slinky will sleep outside. I'm hoping it won't get too cold.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I hope your jaw feels better tomorrow. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I think it's fine today, Balisha. But I am still eating soft foods.