Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Rainy Day

Wouldn't you know it! It's pouring down rain today. I felt sorry for Slinky last night and let him sleep in the house. It really wasn't cold enough to bring him in. I regret it now. He woke me up at 4:00 and spent the next hour trying to get me to feed him by alternately barking and whimpering. I finally came in and opened the back door and ordered him out. He slunk over to his bed and curled up instead. That didn't shut him up though. Finally, I got up at 5:00 (my usual time) and came in the kitchen, fed both him and Missy and then saw a soaking wet Inky out on the patio. So I fed him too. Now Slinky is curled up here at my feet sound asleep, his stomach full of my morning oatmeal.

I work until 10:50 this morning and then go to the dentist for that hassle. This afternoon, I want to go see Phyllis and Gerry. I will have to take an umbrella wherever I go today. I did go to the library yesterday afternoon and fill out an application for a library clerk position but I doubt they're hiring and even if they were, I have interviewed for that position before to no avail. Oh well..

Today, I will go by Staff Management and see if they have any clerk positions. It seems awfully hard to find a part time job and I really do not want full time.

I watched PBS last night. They had a program on about the music of the 60's and 70's with Carol King. It was quite interesting but I couldn't make it past 9:30 so I missed the last 30 minutes.

Yesterday I worked on transportation forms and also applications for transportation. I checked the results of the count and filed the forms. It took until 1:00. That's fine though. That will make up for the hour I will miss today while I go to the dentist.

More later...

Worst case scenario at the dentist. The bicuspid abutment tooth to my bridge was split down the side. Not only did I lose the tooth, but I also lost the bridge. Now I have a gap on my lower right jaw. I have the kind of wide mouth that shows every tooth (or lack thereof) in my mouth when I speak or smile. Also, to make things even worse, SEP cut our hours down from twenty hours a week to fifteen hours a week....permanently. The program funding was cut back. This is not my week.

No comments: