Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy Sunday

This will be a busy day. Bob A. will come by at 9:00 and pick me up for church. Church will be over at 12:00 and a group of us will undoubtedly go to lunch somewhere. After that, at 3:00 Bob A. and I are to meet a contractor at the church. Every time we have a blowing rain, our roof leaks in the sanctuary. Last week following the rainstorm, Sue and John found pieces of the ceiling on the carpet up toward the front of the sanctuary where it has always leaked. We have had it repaired twice that I know of and perhaps three times. The last time, it was done so thoroughly that we were sure it was fixed. Once more we had the ceiling repaired and all was well until the first blowing rain. Then it leaked again and spoiled the ceiling again. So now we are going to have yet another contractor look at it.

Then I will come home and get my letters done. After that, at 7:00, I will go to Howard and Judy's for the Living the Questions group. I hope it's decent out because Slinky will have to go outside until 9:00 while I'm gone. I may have to put him in the garage. It was 21 degrees last night so I brought him in the kitchen for the night. He woke me from a sound sleep at 12:30 to go out to do his number and I really never got any sound sleep after that. I got up at 5;00 as usual. I want to go over my sermon once again this morning.

I will add Gene to the snail mail letter today. He doesn't do the computer. He will have a hard time adjusting without Carletta. She was the business manager for the farm. he lives in rural Independence so the only communication I will have with him is by mail. I hope he continues to attend church. I am afraid he will go, if he goes at all, with Steve, to Tyro Christian. He likes their peppy music and dynamic speaker. Maybe I can have him and Bob A. over for dinner now and then. That would give me an excuse to cook.

It will definitely be hard on Gene....poor Gene.

So it will be a busy day...

No comments: