Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Slow Day at Work

This was another of those days. Ill bet I wasted half my morning just sitting doing nothing. Toward the end of the morning she finally came up with a project.

When I got off work, I went to the Coffeyville Ministerial Alliance meeting. I was re-elected secretary/treasurer for the zillionth time. Oh well, it's like falling off a log after all these years.

After the meeting, Marilyn, Howard Judy and I went for coffee and dessert. Howard bought. That was a nice meeting and a nice visit.

Then I came home and the air conditioning man came and checked out my old air conditioning system. He cleaned it all up, replaced a part that looked like it could rust in two and spent a good hour here working everything over. I have no idea what this will cost. We will see. He keeps warning me that the entire system is original equipment and since the house was built in 1971m that means it could go kaput at any thing. It would take between $5,000 and $6,000 to replace the system.
That's about all I have in my savings.

Oh well, no sense worrying about it until it happens.

Nothing going on tonight. I got Bill a birthday card today and got it in the mail to him. I believe he turns 70 tomorrow. I also got him a book called "Love Wins" by Rob Bell. He's a great reader. I'll give him the gift at church on Sunday.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...Hope things get better at work and I do hope that your AC doesn't conk out. We are so used to the comfort of an AC...wouldn't want to do without one. Although if the weather keeps up like this...we may not have to turn it on.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I guess I could manage with fans if I had to.