Saturday, May 7, 2011

What a Saturday!

I had breakfast with my brother-in-law this morning and then went out to the nursery to get some more plants. I then went back to Orchelon's to get more mulch and dog food and to the Dollar Store to get some groceries. From there I went to see Phyllis. She was awake but had just had her toenails clipped by the podiatrist. I stayed about twenty minutes then went down to see Gerry. She wasn't in her room but I left the papers anyhow.

Then I went to the bank and by to pick up Bob A. We went to the Cherry Blossom Festival over to Cherryvale. It was quite good and we enjoyed looking at the vintage cars and tractors.

After that, we stopped downtown at their True Value hardware store. Leslie had wanted me to check out the bird baths there. They still had them. They are just beautiful and had a cardinal on the side. I checked the price for her and then we left.

On the way out of Cherryvale we noticed a real good restaurant was open again. It is called My Place. Gay and Tony and my Bob and I used to eat there quite often. Then they closed and we started eating at the Pizza Hut across the street. My Place was open again and Bob A. and I decided to have lunch there. He had never been there. They have a covered buffet with just about anything you want to eat. The man who waited on us told me that his wife had had a heart attack and that was why they closed but she is back to work now and looked real good. We had a fine lunch and the price, $10.00, included all you wanted to eat and your drink and dessert too. We both decided we would go back again.

Then I brought Bob A. back home and came home to mow and trim. I watched TV and rested this afternoon after that but went back out to finish my mulching this evening. The yard looks real nice now even if it does have a lot of weeds in it. When they are mowed close, they don't show as badly.

I took my shower a little while ago and and washed my hair. It had been soaked with sweat. I'll bet I sleep tonight.

No comments: