Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday At Last

This is Friday and after such a slow week, I am happy to see it come. I am going down to Lowe's in Bartlesville after I get off work and buy my hanging baskets at $7.50 apiece. I need two for the front and three for the back. I will have to put my back seats down to accommodate that many. I got paid yesterday. I will also need to get some mulch this week if I am ever going to get those flowerbeds mulched. But I can get that here locally at Orchelon's.

I will go see Phyllis in the morning and maybe I will have better luck finding her awake. After that, I will go to the Cherry Blossom Festival at Cherryvale. That should be something neat to do on a Saturday.

My daughter finally called last night. She got very busy with her job on Wednesday and never got back with me. So I missed her at lunch. That was alright. I read my Kindle while I ate lunch.

My brother-in-law has a doctor's appointment there in Bartlesville this morning. We will try to meet for lunch at Garfield's. They have a real good little cranberry walnut salad there. I will also check in at Christopher and Banks for some summer tops while they are 40% off.

Next pay period, I will have to job hunt again. Once a month I have to turn in my sheet showing places where I have left an application.

While I was watching the roofers put the screening over my guttering on Wednesday, I noticed I have a rotted board up around the trim on my house. I called Richard but he is in Oregon right now. He will be back on Tuesday and will come over after that to see what he and Jeff can do to repair it. I sure don't want birds or squirrels in my attic.

I had the air conditioning man out to check over my system yesterday and he had a part to replace. I think I mentioned that yesterday. The place is beginning to fall apart. I will have to paint the trim on my patio cover when the roofers get that corrugated fiberglass roofing replaced. I have a lot of work to do around here.

The photos are of Inky, my outdoor cat and the flowers I bought today in Bartlesville. I bought four bags of mulch and got four flowerbeds mulched. I need at least three more to finish.

I'm going to give away or get rid of that old grill of Bob's. It's an eyesore!

3 comments:

marlu said...

Your baskets and flowers are beautiful and I see Slinky in the reflection on the door!

If you wanted to use the grill, you could spray paint it dull black. . .

Margie's Musings said...

I know. I had done that in the past but I really don't want the thing. It's a mess.

Grammy said...

Hi, Margie,
Hmmm, sounds like you have a lot going on, and I just handed you another thing (but it might be fun for you). I tagged you in a short meme on my blog today. I hope you will have time to do it, and will enjoy doing it. I am hoping to get a kitten when I get back from Knoxville, and I am still kind of on the fence about it. Thank you for being such a faithful reader of my blog. :)
Love, Ruby