Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday at Last

It's Friday at last. Today I will do my work and then my brother-in-law and I will go over to Cherryvale to eat lunch at "Just Us", the buffet over there. We have been saving their coupons and this lunch will be free of charge. I got two last week and gave them to him so he would have his ten too.

I have no other plans except that I may mow again. It warmed up just enough to cause my grass to grow.

An old friend, Betty Moore, from Caney died yesterday. Here is her obit.

A longtime Caney resident, Betty Moore, 83, died Thursday in Union, Mo., where she recently moved to be near her daughter, Suzy Curnutte. She had suffered from Alzheimers over the past two years. Her husband, Dr. Robert Moore, had been in Caney Wednesday and part of Thursday. He and all family members will greet friends on Sunday evening from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Caney United Methodist Church, then funeral services will be Monday at 2 p.m. in the Caney United Methodist Church.

Betty was my daughter's Girl Scout leader in the 70's. We also rented a house from them briefly when we first moved to Caney.

More later...

We went to Cherryvale and had an excellent lunch...free of charge. This afternoon later, I want to mow. My yard looks shaggy. I should just change my clothes and go do it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Sorry to hear about your friend. My yard needs mowing again, too. I thought I had mowed it for the last time. It is in the 50s here today with a chance of frost over the weekend. That should slow the grass down. Glad you are doing o.k. Just checking on ya! Have a good weekend. Love and hugs.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I am doing fine..just don't have a lot of energy right now until that thyroid med kicks in.