Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Morning

Well, it's Sunday again. It will be big day. I have church this morning and I preside today. I will print off the bulletins after we get to church. My brother-in-law always comes to pick me up about 9:00. He called last night to report that my sister had a haircut this past Friday. We thought she would have a fit about it because she does not like to be "messed with". But Denise, my niece, said she handled it quite well even giving the beautician instructions about how she wanted it done. That's amazing! She ordinarily is very unresponsive. I will go see her tomorrow. We missed yesterday because of the conference in Springfield.

My younger son called this morning at 5:00. I was delighted to hear from him. It had been a week. But he seems to be doing well....well as can be expected. He and Becky seem to be at a standstill. I am always glad to hear from him. I usually only e-mail him instead of calling.

This evening is a cookout with the "Living the Questions" group at Bobby and Karan's. I will get my beans this afternoon and get them fixed and baked while I do my newsletters.

More later...

I got my beans done and also the newsletters. Then I fed the animals and then looked for something to watch on TV until time to pick up Gary for the cookout. I looked for something to watch on TV while I waited for time to leave. There was nothing...absolutely nothing. TV is awful since they decided to "save money" by doing "reality shows". They are terrible. If that's reality...no thanks!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Yes, they are terrible, and the new shows aren't going to be any better. I'm hoping Terra Nova will at least be fun to watch.

Margie's Musings said...

I watch a lot of PBS. If it weren't for PBS, I wouldn't watch any TV.