Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another Saturday

Today I will go have breakfast with my brother-in-law and then go see my sister at the nursing home. After that, I will go out to church and clean. The rest of the day is open. I may work in my yard. I would have to get some more mulch to finish the job. I sold another book on Amazon. This one was $10. I have it all ready to go and after breakfast I will go to the Dearing post office and send it off. Ours is not open on Saturday morning. Dearing is the same distance as going downtown to ours but there are no stop signs on the way there.

The next week will be wild. I'll mow Monday evening after Bobby gets my mower going. I'm taking off Tuesday morning to get my hair colored and cut. Then Tuesday evening I have both the library board meeting and the foundation board meeting. Myra will be coming Thursday evening and staying the night. Sometime before then I want to strip the bed in the guest room and remake it. I can't remember if I did that after Scott last used it. Before we leave for Branson on Friday morning at 7:00, I need to contact Cyndi and see if she can feed Missy while I'm gone. We are going to go to the Bluegrass and Bar B Q festival there on Friday afternoon and then go to a show that night We will go to the Branson Landing on Saturday morning. Myra has never seen it.

Sunday, I speak at church and the following week will be even busier.

I've had trouble with this cell phone I got from my daughter. Twice now it has locked up while backing up my contact list. The only way I can get it going again is to take the battery out and reboot the phone. I sure don't like that. But as long as that works, I guess I can remedy it that way.

I wondered what I could do to repay him and decided that I would make some homemade peanut clusters and take some to him tomorrow at church.

I'll take a photo of the mulched flowerbed in the back yard and share it here. I also weeded it last evening. I think I'll get another plant for that hook out there.

As a postscript, there's this..this morning I went out to church and cleaned. When I got home I was really tired. I was going to rake and bag some leaves but first I sat down to relax a little bit. A couple of hours later I awoke. I was groggy but got up to look out the back door. I was amazed to see that my lawn has been mowed. I went to the front. It too was mowed. I couldn't believe my eyes. I called Bobby and asked him if he had mowed for me. He had. He had come over to check out the mower again and decided to start it by bypassing the celinoid. Then he began to mow. He first mowed the back and then the front. When he put the mower away and turned it off. Then he turned it back on and it started! He tried several times and each time it started. Evidently, the jarring created by mowing must have caused the celinoid to work. Next time it may not though. That's a sign that it was going out.

No comments: