Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cake Tuesday and More

My life is getting more and more complicated. I got my cakes baked last night and iced them first thing this morning so that's not the problem.

While I was baking my cakes and cleaning up after them I got my cooling racks out from under the sink and noticed the boxes were wet. I got my flashlight and looked under the sink. The faucet is leaking every time I run water. I put a small bowl under there to catch the water. I don't know yet how successful that will be. When I have some time, I will just call a plumber. I am not going to call my son-in-law again. He has plenty of work to do at his farm.

On top of that, when the sun came up I noticed a large limb in my backyard. We had a storm last night and the limb broke out of my neighbor's tree. She is now a semi-invalid after having broken her hip and her left arm last year. I don't know what her resources are but I will call her about my dilemma when it gets to be a little later. I hope she can get her mowing man to come clean it up. He has a trailer. I have no way to clean it up. I gave Bob's chain saw to my grandson. I couldn't start it anyhow. And I have no trailer to haul it away anyhow.

I came home from work and dug in. I called Davis Home Improvement to come repair the downspout tomorrow. I spent forty minutes picking up branches and leaves and dragging the other branches to the car port. I then took the garden hose and washed off the drive and front walk. Then I went to the patio and washed and washed. It was still full of mud. Finally I got out the pressure washer and hooked it up. For the next forty minutes I washed and washed the patio until it was nearly clean again.
Finally I came in the house and ate a little dinner. By this time it was after 7:00 so I just sat down to watch American Experience. I will work on things again tomorrow evening.
These photos show the downed tree limb, the ruined peonies and the muddy patio.
I stepped out on my patio this morning and noticed the storm had washed mud all over my clean patio that I had pressure washed in April. Now I have another mess to clean up.

Always something.

I still have to clean up the peonies and the chairs on the patio. That can wait until tomorrow. I also discovered if I used the sink with the garbage disposal in it, the sink didn't leak. So for awhile, at least, that's what I will do.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Oh Margie, that sounds like some of my luck. Somedays I think if I didn't have bad luck It wouldn't feel right. I hope you get everything cleaned up without too much trouble.

Balisha said...

Oh Margie...Those peonies were so pretty just days ago. It seems that bad things always happen all at the same time. I hope you get some help with that branch.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

The next door neighbor had someone come take the one branch away. There were dozens more for me to pick up.

The patio was still full of mud and the peonies were still ruined.

I found the downspout of my guttering on the ground in the front yard.

What a mess.