Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Day At The Hospital

I spent the day today at the hospital too. My brother-in-law was also there. He left for lunch and the ambulance came to transport Phyllis back to Windsor. She had an uneventful trip.

After my meeting with Rick this afternoon, I will go back out there and see how things are going. Hospice is supposed to bring a hospital bed out to them for her to use.

Scott called this morning and we had a nice visit. Ashley leaves on Monday. They were going to Austria today and then on to Hitler's Eagle's Nest for dinner.

A classmate called me last night to get the number of the local Trinity United Methodist Church. I gave it to her. Her mom had died the day before and she wanted graveside services tomorrow at 1:00. She could not reach him. So I gave her the number of a retired United Methodist minister. She couldn't reach him either. Finally she asked me to do it. I explained to her that my sister was in bad shape and I wasn't sure what the situation would be on Saturday. She began to cry. So I told her I would do it. I located her mom's obit online and printed it off. Then I worked until 10:00 on remarks for the service. It will work out.

More later...

I went to meet Rick at the bank and he was late. I called him and he hadn't left home yet. I went in the bank out of the heat and waited there for awhile. Finally at 2:20, he called and said he was leaving home. I did my part of the paperwork and left. I went back to the nursing home and was there when they moved my sister into her new bed. It has a special air mattress that is to help prevent bedsores. They seem very careful and very attentive to her there. I stayed about thirty minutes longer and heard Sara give six aides their instructions and then left and came home. I was exhausted. What a day! I will meet Bob for breakfast in the morning and then one of us will go check on Phyllis.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Blessings to you and your family. It doesn't sound like she will last long. I know what you are going through...Take care, Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I appreciate your concern.