Monday, October 15, 2012

What A Weekend!

I haven't been here in two days...with good reason. Saturday morning we left at 6:00 AM. I had baked a small coffeecake for our on the road breakfast. The Conference lasted all day with only a break for lunch. We left Springfield at 4:00 and got back home at 7:00...however twenty miles away we ran into a hard rain...so hard Leslie could not even see the road. We crept along as the rain thinned from time to time for her to see the road. I was exhausted when I got home and took my bath and went to bed.

Sunday morning I got up at the regular time...5:00. I did some laundry, got myself ready for church and waited for Bob to pick me up. Church School was good although we did not have a lot of people in attendance. Church was just as sparse. After church Bob and I ate out by ourselves. Phyllis F. was not there and the kids went to Bartlesville for something. Karan and Bobby had a dinner at his church.

I worked all afternoon on the staffing of the 2013 camp and got most of it finished. I did not get my newsletters finished. I sent out the online letter but never got the hard copies for those offline done.

Then at 5:45, Bob came by to pick me up for the Living the Questions group. We ate at Barbara's house and afterward tried to figure out what direction the group will take. All but two wanted to continue the DVD study. The others wanted to read material and discuss it. We voted to continue the DVD material. When I got home at 9:30, I took my bath and went straight to bed.

This morning I fed the cats, fixed myself a bit of oatmeal and ate the rest of my coffeecake. I had given half of what was left to Bob.

This weekend is my class reunion. Yesterday I went to Wal Mart and bought a few groceries and got the name tags. Today I will call the restaurant to firm up our reservation for dinner Friday night. I will also call John and check to see if he has talked to the college about stocking their pop machine. There's a lot to do.

No comments: