Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another Disappointing Day

I had high hopes that the cellulitis would be better this morning but it has spread to my nose and my left eye was nearly swollen shut.

I know it's only the fourth day but I sure hoped doing the intravenous thing on Saturday morning would have given me a head start on heading it off. Evidently not.

While I was at the doctor's office yesterday my landlord called to ask me to have the electric bill changed into my name. After I left I called him back to say I was within one block of city hall and would go do that before I went home. Unfortunately, they now require a lease (rental) agreement to do that. So I went home and drew up a lease agreement and took it to him to sign and I signed it myself then went back to the city hall and got the electric transferred. Now I will be paying electricity at two residences.

This gets more complicated all the time. I am fast going through my short term savings. Tomorrow I get my social security and can pay my bills and even my house payment. So now I am paying rent as well as my house payment. I hope the closing is not far off. They still need to do the termite inspection and mechanical inspection. The good news from my realtor is that the appraisal went well.

Today, I am taking the cakes to Independence and also going to the beauty shop to have my hair done. I will to call her to warn her of my looks. I will be coming right back home. Yesterday was the first day I had even been out of the house since Saturday when I went to the ER.

My kids have been very good about staying in touch and have called every day. My daughter and her husband came by Sunday after they finished cleaning up after the dinner.

That's another piece of scarey news. My daughter has to have serious back surgery. She has a disk that has completely blown out. She will have an anterior lumbar interbody fusion. Her surgery is scheduled for February 19th. The time has not been set yet. I will want to be off work that day to go sit in the hospital and wait. Some of us are going to try to cook dinner for them after she gets home from the hospital. Cyndi or I will try to coordinate that.

Later....

I got an awful lot done today. I took the cakes up this morning and got my hair done at 10:00. Then around noon, I put my makeup on and met Bob for lunch. After that, I stopped by Keith and Joyce's and picked up several dozen boxes. I packed the books from the roll top deck in the dining room. and stacked that box in the garage.

I went out to my daughter's house and picked up the meat and then went to the Independence Wal Mart for groceries.

Then I loaded up four boxes that I had packed for cleaning supplies and the bathroom stuff and took them over and unloaded them at the apartment. I threw a bunch of stuff away that I was never going to use anyhow. I need to take a tape measure, screw driver and scissors next time I go over there and also a storage unit I keep under my sink in the larger bathroom here.

I want to continue to take boxes over there and put them in the closets in the rooms where they will go when the furniture is moved. Then it will just be a matter of unloading the boxes and putting stuff away, hanging photos and pictures and it will be home.

Sometime before I move, I want to get my Roman blinds and get them up and get his drapes down and pack them neatly away.

I don't think I will go in to work tomorrow. I need to but I need the time to heal worse.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Hey Mom, what about going to the emergency room again, they seem to have a better grip on things then the Doctor

Margie's Musings said...

Medicare probably would not pay for a second trip there, son. I just have to try to be patient.

Eventually it will clear up.