Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Day

Today is Valentine Day and the church members have planned a nice meal out at a new restaurant in Independence at 6:30 this evening. My face is better but still red and peeling. I have piled on makeup to cover it. Bob and Phyllis F. and I will attend the dinner.

I will do some cleaning here today and perhaps some packing. I may take some more boxes over to the apartment. I'll just play it by ear.

I called Bob last night and we went to Brahms and had an ice cream cone for dinner. Then he later came over and we watched Nature and Nova on PBS. He left early because he kept dropping off to sleep. I turned off the TV and took my bath and went to bed about 9:00. I was awakened at 2;30 by Missy who wanted out. I took my meds and let her out and went back to bed. A half hour later, I let her back in. It was pretty cold out there. She is lying in the wicker chair by the window sleeping now.

I had worked very hard yesterday taking boxes to the apartment and had been up since 4:00 AM. I was exhausted. After I finally got back to sleep. I slept until 6:00.

I ate a couple of warmed up biscuits for breakfast. I was out of jelly so I put cinnamon/sugar on them. Then I took my antibiotic.

More later...

I fixed hamburgers and french fries for lunch. I knew we would have a large dinner at the restaurant this evening.

I took my special decorative switch plates over to the apartment and put them on and brought the others home and put them on here. I also packed the two curio cabinets and took the boxes over to the apartment and put them in the closets there. Tomorrow I will do some more packing and taking boxes over to the apartment.

We had a good time at the party and the food was good. The music was also very good but too loud. Dinner music needs to be soft so people can talk over it. There was a pianist and a man who played the sax very much like Kenny G. I left them a tip.

I will take my bath now and take this makeup off. I sure hope this cellulitis is better tomorrow. My face peeled some more this morning.

3 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Happy Valentines day Mom, wish we were there

Balisha said...

happy Valentine's Day, Margie...Have a nice day.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Keith!

Thanks, Balisha! Happy Valentine's Day to you both!