Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bad Bacterial Infection

Dr Christensen was right about one thing..that's for sure. He said this infection would get worse before it got better and this morning, it is worse. It has spread further across the right side of my face and is very taut and tingles even more. When I got up at 2:30 to take my meds, I also took a couple more Tylenol. I was running 100 degrees of fever most of the evening. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and this will begin turning the infection around.

Not only do I look terrible but this is such a scarey infection! If it were to get into my brain, it could cause meningitis. It is already a toxic infection. It is caused by either strep or staph so can be very serious. Luckily, I went to the emergency room immediately when I discovered it. If not treated immediately, the bacteria can spread quickly through the body and cause sepsis which can kill a person.

I will not be going to church today. I am not going to go out of the house until this is gone. We have a salad luncheon there today and a guest minister but they will have to get along without my salad.

I will also have to call in sick tomorrow and not go to work. I have an appointment in the morning with my eye doctor but I will also cancel that.

Enough of that depressing news!

7 comments:

clairz said...

It took me forever to figure out that doctors are human and prone to errors. I'm so sorry this is happening to you, but awfully glad you went to the hospital and that treatment has started. Please rest well, but keep us posted. I feel selfish asking that last bit, but am worried about you.

Elaine in Florida said...

Hope you get well quickly!! Take care of yourself and rest!

marlu said...

I know you will rest and take your meds. Please know how many people are concerned and praying for you.

Balisha said...

Just checking in on you this morning, Margie.So glad you got treatment when you did. Slowing down and resting is good medicine for anything. Take care and feel better soon. You are in my prayers. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks to all my online friends. My brother-in-law took this hone of me I am posting with the full blown cellulitis

Balisha said...

I'm back, Margie...
That looks so painful. I hope it goes away fast. Is it hot? I've been so worried about you.
Hugs...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It stings and it itches, Balisha. Otherwise it is not painful.