Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy Sunday Again

I will go to church early this morning because we are going to be cooking breakfast for the community of people at 9:00. So Bob and I will go out at 8:00. We have no idea how many to plan for. We invited most everyone at the rummage sale to come back for breakfast.

It's not quite 5:30 this morning now. We will have church at 11:00 and the communion service but skip Church School today. My friend, Bill, will not be there. He and Carol are going to Chanute for a couple of weeks, probably to babysit the grandchildren. His birthday is tomorrow and I had his gift to take to him but now I will just have to keep it until they come back.

After church I will come home and do my letters and then make my dessert for tonight's Living the Questions group. The group will come at 7:00. I will need to remember to bring home my card table and the folding chairs that go with it from church otherwise I will not have enough seating.

I see Missy is up in one of my velvet chairs. I will have to clean cat hair out of it. She's shedding badly. Tomorrow I will clean house again and then bake my two cakes for Tuesday. I will need to get that remaining tire out of my trunk if I am going to take the cakes to Independence on Tuesday. I should have left it at Dollar Tire store but I thought it would make a better spare. I didn't think about having to have a wheel for it too. I have no place to store it so I will give it to them.

I slept fairly well last night. My arm did not hurt much. I still woke up at 4:30 and just got up then. No sense trying to go back to sleep.

More later....

The services this morning were very good. We didn't have many come for breakfast but a few made it. We also had a guest at church. I hope he comes back and brings his wife with him.

I did some cleaning this afternoon since I have Living the Questions group this evening. I also made a desert...one of my favorites. It's called Cherry Pie Cake. I serve it every once in awhile. I will get some ice cream to put on top of it. I also need to get some crushed ice at Brahms.

No comments: