Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another Acheing Night.

My arm ached again last night. I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol about 12:30 and got back to sleep but it was off and on the rest of the night. It wasn't as bad as night before last though. I am learning to put my left arm on the small soft pillow and the right one over my head on my pillow and sometimes that works. I haven't had a night in a couple of weeks without pain though. Getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure.

Against my better judgment, I was elected secretary of the board last night. There are only five of us on the board right now and all the others but one are already elected officers. That one will be moving away soon. So I was really kind of trapped into it. If the arms get worse and hurt badly in the daytime too, I will have to give up my organizations. I already plan to resign from PINCH after September's dinner. I just have too much on my plate this year. I really don't want to be on the search committee for the new director.

Missy is following me around and is almost under foot now. She must be fearful that she will go back to the vet and be separated again. She is not eating yet. She does eat her four little treats but has not touched her regular cat food. She did have a bowel movement last night but so far has not urinated since I brought her home. She has drunk a little water so maybe her kidneys and bladder will work later on.

I will go to exercise class again this morning. Afterward I will fix my chicken tenders for lunch/dinner. I will make mashed potatoes to go with them and gravy. Bob likes gravy. I also have some veggies to fix and Bob will bring his coleslaw again. I still have the chocolate pudding I fixed Monday and if it isn't dried out in the frig, I will serve it afterward.

Sue e-mailed me to ask me to say something about my father on Sunday. I will talk about my stepfather. He was the father I grew up with. My dad died when I was nine. He mostly just slept and worked. He didn't play with us girls or make memories with us.

Tonight I have the PINCH meeting at 5:30.

More later....

Surprisingly, Dr. Gillis called me this morning while I was on my way to exercises. He wondered how my back was. He had my MRI from Dr. Hsu. Dr. Hsu hadn't sent him a report yet but he did have the MRI. I told him my back was not bothering me. It was my upper arms that were sore and keeping me awake. He suggested that my C3 and C4 and another vertibrea were bulging and I had two nerves being pinched and he thought those may be causing my problem. I told him Dr. Hsu didn't think my back was the cuplrit at all. He disagreed. I told him I was having a bone scan and bone density test on Friday but I didn't think that was my trouble at all. I told him I had talked to a half dozen of my friends who have osteoporosis and none of them has any pain with it.

I suggested it might be one of the rare complications of the erysipelas and he said "Oh no, it wouldn't be anything like that." This..from the man who told me I had the common cold and later that I had "slapped child syndrome". He obviously didn't even know what erysipelas was.

I will take the article down to Dr. Eslicker in July and see what he thinks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guys sounds like a complete moron, a good doctor would listen to their patient and the diagnosis of other doctors. Is there anyway you can find another doctor?

Margie's Musings said...

Not around here, Christina. This is small town America. A person my age needs a local doctor too. If something unforeseen happens, we can't make a trip to Bartlesville or Tulsa to the hospital.