Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Worst Night Yet

Last night was the worst night yet. My right arm ached terribly and even with taking two extra strength Tylenol, that did not help. I woke up at 2:00 and didn't get back to sleep until some time after 3:45. I even tried to sleep in the recliner but that didn't work either. The air conditioner unit makes too much noise. Finally I went back to bed.

I'm going to go get Missy today when I get my hair done. I know I can't afford to let her stay at the vets any longer. I will just have to give her her shots myself. I will call sometime after 8:00 and find out what I owe.

Unless something changes, I still intend to cook lunch/dinner today.

More later...

I just called Paula at Dr. Barta's office and asked what the charges for Missy for this seven days was going to be and she just called me back. She said he was charging me for antibiotics and boarding and the charge was $183.00.

Whew!

By the time he sent me home with with a ten days supply of antibiotic and syringes for shots, it came to $192.75 but that's a far cry from what I expected.

When I got home, Bob took me to Sirloin Stockade for lunch. I will have my chicken strips tomorrow.

I took a nap this afternoon and Missy lay on my lap during that. I had had four hours sleep last night. My right arm was terribly sore. I took two extra strength Tylenol but they did nothing for it at all. When I woke up from my nap, my arm was hurting again. I will take a couple of Tylenol before I go to bed tonight.

UPDATE:

The hospital just called. Their scan machine is down and they needed to change my appointment until Friday. That will work alright.

FURTHER UPDATE:

I took a nap this afternoon. I had four hours sleep last night. I awoke with my right arm almost throbbing it was so sore. Missy laid on my lap the entire time. She is not letting me out of her sight.

I had a library board meeting this evening and she scolded me when I came home at nearly 7:00. We are losing our library director here through retirement and the board took training on how to hire a new one. It is quite involved.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, I feel so badly for you. I hope that you will find some answers soon.
It's so hard to try to sleep and having something hurt so badly.
That vet bill isn't what I expected either.
You and Missy take care now,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks so much, Balisha. I have updated the blog now too since I got home from my library board meeting. .