Friday, June 14, 2013

Best Night's Sleep Yet!

I have my bone density test today and also my bone scan. The arms were somewhat better last night and I got some sleep. Still I got up at 4:15 this morning. I go over to the hospital at 9:45 to fill out some paperwork and then they will give me some meds IV. I go back at 12:30 for both of the actual tests. That gives the meds time to circulate through my body before the tests.

I saw Marilyn on Wednesday at exercises and again that night at PINCH. Pappy is back right now and that's a lot of help to her. Jack is getting so frail. Also the woman from Comforting Angels helps a lot. But Comforting Angels is going out of business. Marilyn is keeping the helper though. Marilyn seems much better when Pappy is there and she doesn't have the entire responsibility all by herself. I can't even imagine what she must be going through. I wish I could be some help to her but with my arms problem, I am doing well just to take care of myself.

I picked up Missy on Tuesday and am giving her the antibiotic shots myself. She tolerates them very well. She is doing better every day and is eating better today. She doesn't let me out of her sight though.

This Sunday we will have a guest minister at church...an evangelist from Pittsburg. We will have a cookout. The congregation will bring everything but the meat and buns. Those are provided by the pastors who have their own beef. I will fix my potato salad and a dessert.

PINCH is holding a Juneteenth celebration on Saturday at the Tyeska Youth Center. I have to go over at 4:00 this evening and help measure off 5 X 10 booth spaces. We have 11 booths sold. The celebration itself begins at 10:00 tomorrow and goes until 5:00. I hope it goes well. Paul has seen to it that there is plenty of publicity. The Journal had an interview with him and did a nice write up in Saturday's newspaper.

Terry and Denise borrowed my car yesterday to go shopping for another car of their own. They got back just before 6:00. They had found a 01 Honda Civic like mine in Bartlesville and are to pick it up Monday or Tuesday. The dealer has to put an air conditioner and a battery in it. Mine has been a great car for one with 169,000 miles on it. I hope theirs does as well. I know it depends a lot on the care it's been given. Mine has been very carefully cared for. I have the oil changed regularly. And I've had everything done to it that it's needed. Of course, it's got a ton of miles on it. I just hope it lasts as long as I do.

No comments: