Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Quiet Thursday

This should be a relatively quiet day. I have nothing planned for the day. I should do some housework. I could even do some laundry although I don't have much to do.

Sometime this afternoon, I will put a coat of paint on the birdbath. Strange...that birdbath rusts. Every since I bought it it has continued to rust. Last week, in Independence, I went to the hardware store and bought a product I had never even heard of called Rust-oleum Rust Reformer. Yesterday afternoon I cleaned the rust as best I could with a soap pad after using steel wool on it. I rinsed it and let it dry and then spray painted this product on it. After letting it dry for 24 hours, I will spray it with regular Rust-oleum brown spray paint. Then we will see if that stops the rust. One would not imagine that a metal bird bath would rust. After all it's supposed to hold water for the birds.

I will need to get some money from the bank today. I am nearly out and I have a hair appointment tomorrow in Independence.

We will have tuna bean supper today at noon. It is a relatively new recipe. I think we have had it once before.

It calls for:

1/4 c. minced onion

2 T oleo

1 can cream of celery soup

1/2 c. milk

1 can tuna, drained and flaked

2 hard cooked eggs

2 T chopped pimento

1 can green beans (cooked)

Cook onion in oleo until soft but not browned. Blend in soup, milk, tuna, eggs and oimento. Heat..stir often. put green beans in dish and pour creamed tuna over.

Serves 6 (do half recipe for 3)

We will have that with potatoes and cottage cheese with applesauce.

No comments: