Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday at Last

My son, Keith, and his wife, Esther, came in last night about 11:40 PM. I stayed up until 10:30 waiting for them but finally just could not keep my eyes open anymore. I went on to bed but listened for their texts that they had arrived. They unpacked the car and went straight to bed. They had run into two hail storms and also rain twice and that slowed them down.  They are still in bed this morning and it's 7:40 now. I got up around 6:00 which is late for me. I am usually up by 5:00.

My son looks good and is very happy with Esther. They have just celebrated their third anniversary. She has been so good for him!  Later, I will post some photos of them.

I got up and fixed a pot of coffee and ate my biscuit so I could take my meds. I am still taking my antibiotic even though my hand is nearly well now.

I will offer to cook for them or they can have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. I don't know just what their schedule will be today. They brought me Esther's laptop so he may set that up for me.  He has Windows 7 on it...thank goodness! I do not really like Windows 8. Bob has that on his. I guess it's all in getting used to it but I haven't had to deal with that. The desktop has Windows 7 on it too. He brought that to me several years ago. . This laptop of mine was bought in 2006 or 2008...I can't remember which. It has XP on it and XP has always done well for me. Now it no longer is supported by Microsoft.

I went outside this morning with my coffee and soon Bob came over with his. Missy was outside until the black cat from across the street came out and then I made her come in the house. She is lying here beside me in the rattan chair now. Bob went home to get ready for exercise class. I will skip it this morning since the kids are here. 

Yesterday evening, Bob and I finished the mowing. We did the back yard. It was quite a job. I had mowed the front and east side the day before. The new landlord will only mow twice a month and the yard was looking pretty ratty.  If we have to, we will mow in between their mowings.  It's a shame they won't take as good care of their property as Wayne did. The filters in the furnace haven't been changed either.   They were due May 1st.  The air conditioning man was here this past week but he didn't do anything. He just walked around the property.  I hope he didn't charge the new owner for service because he didn't give any.

More later....

The kids got up about 9:00 and we had a good visit. We invited Bob over for a light lunch. We will go out to John and Leslie's at 6:00 for hamburgers etc. 

Keith spent the morning getting my Outlook mail program set up on the desktop and also getting the new laptop he brought me set up for me too. He even got it fixed so it will print documents in the den on that printer. That's neat. Now if I just fool around with this new laptop I will figure out how it works. I had him put Avast antivirus on it and it cleaned it up really well.

They went over to the Countrytime Antique Mall and then on to Caney to the Mayfest.  They will come back and we will go to John and Leslie's tonight for hamburgers.

Bob went back home to taker a nap.  I will take some photos later on and post them here on the blog.

More even later...

No comments: