Thursday, May 22, 2014

Very Busy Thursday

My son and his wife are coming from Phoenix today. He called yesterday and said they were leaving Phoenix one day later then they thought. He was late getting back in the states from Italy, where he spent the past four weeks with the Air Force Reserves.

I went to Bobby and Karan and Richard's party last night. Bob didn't want to go so I took a veggie plate and went alone. There were about 30 people there and everyone seemed to have a great time. There was lots of food but I wasn't hungry so I just had some tea and a few veggies.

Here are some photos of the party: These are the people siting at my table. I didn't know them. They were some of Richard's friends. This was a karaoke party and many people sang with his machine.  The woman sitting at the end of the table is my friend, Gretchen.

.  The man at the machine is Richard. He and his daughter sang quite a lot. They are pretty good.
These are my friends Bobby and Karan.  They hosted the party. They have a lovely patio with a fire pit. Richard and his son, Jeff, built it some five years or so ago. Richard and Jeff, his son, are very talented carpenters.

This is another Richard. He and his wife are a part of our Living the Questions small group.

This is Mona, Richard's wife, in the hat and Marilyn siting next to her and I believe that is Pat, one of Karan's friends who is also a neighbor, sitting with them.

These are some of Richard's friends that he invited to the party. The woman in the pink blouse is the only one I knew. Her name is Regina.  I will post some more of the photos after dinner. Right now I need to start lunch/dinner.

The woman in the middle is the only one I knew. Her name is Irene.  She turned 90 this year. She looks very good for 90. The others may be some of Karan's neighbors.

This is Becky (sitting down) and Judy. Judy and her husband, Howard, moved to California last year. They were back for a visit.  They used to be in our "Living the Questions" small group.

This is Becky and Mona singing.

This is Keith. Keith did some of the cooking. He will have an 80th birthday next week. I don't believe I have a photo of his wife, Joyce.  She must have been in the house.

That's about all I have that are not too dark. Anyhow, I had a good time and sang the comic rendition of  "After the Ball Was Over" with Karan.

No comments: