Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday and a Basket Dinner

We will have guests today at church. I hope our people come out well or we may be embarrassed. Sometimes we have a fair sized congregation and other times it seems our people just find something else to do on Sunday.

I have been up since 5:00 and most of that time I have been cooking. I made a potato/chicken casserole and a large dish of caramel bars.  I finally got everything out of the oven and now I am trying to get my offering ready and finish this blog. It's 8:00 now. While I was waiting to get the food out of the oven, I read the paper and then took it over to Bob.  He will take it to church for John, my son-in-law. 

I slept well last night. I awoke at 3:00 but after visiting the bathroom, I went back to sleep. Missy slept well too. She is lying here in the chair next to me...sleeping.  Cat's sleep about 85% of their lives away.

This will be an extremely busy day. Tonight we have Living the Questions group at Bobby and Karan's. I have to bake some beans for that cookout later this evening. Howard and Judy will be there and we will have dinner. I would have had the meeting here but I don't have room for all the extra people who will be there in my small living room and certainly don't have seating for all of them at my tiny round table. With the leaves, it will seat six but there will probably be 13 there..perhaps 14. . 

More later...

The worship service was nice! We had a fine dinner too. I didn't have much to bring home. I do have a few bars.   I am now fixing baked beans for the dinner tonight at Bobby and Karan's house.  It's 3:15 and I have my congregational letters finished and out on  the mailbox. Their dinner is at 6:00.  I sure don't want to eat much. I generally just have a fruit smoothy for dinner after a good sized lunch.

I've also been to the market and bought a few things. Maybe I can get a rest before the beans are done.

More later...

We had a good time at Bobby and Karan's. The chicken was good.  Everything else was too. And we had a really good discussion over the material on the DVD.  We only have one episode left so I don't know what we will watch next.

We got back home about 9:00 or so. I took my bath and went right to bed and to sleep.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Sounds like a nice day for you....and once again, your food sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing your menus...I get a lot of ideas, when I can't think of what to fix, from your posts. Have a nice day,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! It is lovely here today!

I have a hard time trying to figure out menus too. I generally just look through my recipe books.